wheel hub spacers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wheel hub spacers?

on the mazda in germany site i found some spacers i believe, you have to select the mazda 323BA-P and scroll down to find them. are they worth the money?

Why would you want those? There's barely any room under our fenders already

Comment

because they push the wheels out farther and so that provides improved handling and it looks hot.

Comment

You handling won't be noticeably improved with 1cm more track width. Besides, you're still on stock rubber and wheels.
        Just save your money.

Comment

yeah save your money, and buy some aftermarket rims with the correct offset.
          Almost there

jdm tails... check
          jdm bumper... check
          ms lip... check
          ms grill... check
          ms sideskirts... check
          ms rear skirts... check
          ms spoiler... check
          ms struts... check

Still trying for a bp swap..:
          Fidanzda 8lb flywheel, ACT HD00, UR Crank Pulley, UR Adj. Cam-Gears, Exh-Intake CamShaft Swap, MS Engine Mounts, Custom CAI, PaceSetter Header, 2.25" in/out-let Magnaflow Cat, 2.25" Mandrel-Bent Exhaust.

Comment

ok well what offset do you think would optimize the handling of the car? for lets say, autocross style driving and drifting

Comment

Originally posted by fastmatt1986
              ok well what offset do you think would optimize the handling of the car? for lets say, autocross style driving and drifting
              You realize you have a 1.5L Protege right?
              I don't want to be too hard on you, but you can't drift a FWD car with stock suspension and under 100 lb-ft of torque!!

Intruder has 16x7 with a +38 offset, no rubbing with his 1.7" drop

Seriously...have you been watching the Tokyo Drift trailer on repeat? Proteges aren't for drifting.

Comment

We do have a Wheels and Tires sub-forum. You really ought to check it out. Try to get into the habit of doing a search before you post your questions. You'd be surprised at the amount of info that exists on our Forum.

Happy Motoring!
                02 DX Millenium Red - The Penultimate Driving Machine
                MP3 Strut Tower Bar kit; Cusco Front Lower Arm Tie Bar
                MSP Springs, Struts, Stabilizer Bars, Trailing Links, #3 Engine Mount
                Kartboy Stabilizer Bar Bushings; Nyloil Shifter Bushings; Red Line MT-90 Gear Oil
                MP3 Shifter, Knob and Aluminum Pedal Set
                Suvlights HD Wiring Harness; Osram Night Breaker H4 Bulbs; Exide Edge AGM Battery
                Summer: 5Zigen FN01R-C 16 x 7" Wheels; Yoko S.drive 205/45-16s
                Winter: Enkei OR52 16 x 7" Wheels; Falken Ziex ZE-912 205/45-16s
                Modified OEM Air Intake; Racing Beat Exhaust System; Techna-Fit SS Clutch Line
                Denso SKJ16CR-L11 Extended Tip Spark Plugs; Magnecor Wires
                Power Slot Front Brake Rotors; Techna-Fit SS Brake Lines; Hawk HPS Pads
                Red Line Synthetic Engine Oil; C/S Aluminum Oil Cap
                Cyberdyne Digital Gauges: Tach; Ambient Air Temp; Voltmeter

Comment

drifting?

1996 1.5L Mazda Protege DX MTX
                  Mods:
                  DX converted to an LX (F & R seats and All Power), 2" Exhaust from the Catback, EuroReverse Glow Gauges, JDM Clear Side Markers, 17" MB Motoring Rims, K&N air filter 33-2134, All Clear Lenses, Front Strut Bar, MS Sideskirts, JDM Taillights, JDM Turbo Diesel Hood Scoop, OEM Door Visors, and Ducktail.
                  http://www.cardomain.com/id/beetle_orange

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by firelizard
                      Intruder has 16x7 with a +38 offset, no rubbing with his 1.7" drop.
                      1.3" drop with H&R sport springs.

The +38mm offset pushes the wheels out a little and looks good.

Comment

Woops, my bad, I was going from memory..which apparently is faulty lol

Comment

FWD Drifting

Comment

sorry guys i just can't help the need to drift, i am in the market for a new car that can suit my needs for performance because the PRO is just to much of an effort to see hardly any results. i mean look at 'project protege' that guy put months of effort into his car and that is amazing that he pulled it off - the turbo - but i'm not willing to sacrafice that much time to this car. i'm thinking of buying my dad's 2nd gen rx-7 or opting for an impreza wrx. anyway yeah it was a stupid point to bring up drifting in the fwd car.
                            peace
                            -matt

Comment

sorry guys i just can't help the need to drift, i am in the market for a new car that can suit my needs for performance because the PRO is just to much of an effort to see hardly any results. i mean look at 'project protege' that guy put months of effort into his car and that is amazing that he pulled it off - the turbo - but i'm not willing to sacrafice that much time to this car. i'm thinking of buying my dad's 2nd gen rx-7 or opting for an impreza wrx. anyway yeah it was a stupid point to bring up drifting in the fwd car.
                              peace
                              -matt
                              do yourself a favor and don't get the wrx, you don't know enough to not break it. you'd fry the diffs in about a week and/or grenade the tranny.

Comment

Working...
                              X