Powered Sub Opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Powered Sub Opinions

Well my stock Kenwood sub hasn't worked for quite some time in my MP3. After switching my stock Kenwood speakers to pretty high end Boston Acoustics series components I am just not getting the base I want. The BAs are great for the mids and pierce your ears with highs but can't play lows for ****.

I've been looking at the Infiniti Basslink 10" sub. 200w and for around $200 shipped from Ebay. I'm not looking for trunk-rattling bass these days, just something to fill out the sound with a little thump (enough to know there is a sub).

So I guess I just want opinions on the Basslink and any other in that price range I could consider.

The basslink is a decent sub

Comment

From the online reviews I have read it seems as though you definately get your money's worth out of it.

Comment

If you need something to fill out your lowend in a simple way, the basslink is a perfect solution. I'd consider finding some sort of custom mounting for it if possible so it doesn't slide around at all, but it's a safe bet. As for your high-end components, if you can afford the couple extra bucks to find a seperate sub and amp in a compact box.. go for it. A set of Elemental Design 8's wouldn't sound too bad.. wouldn't be incredbily loud but would fill out your lowend nicely without giving you the overwhelming 'boom' of a 10 or 12 inch sub.
        Kevin

Comment

I'll probably just build a simple rack that I can bolt down in the trunk. That or just mount it directly onto the backseat.

Comment

Working...
          X