Gettin my car to 15s!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gettin my car to 15s!

Anyone wanna help me out by giving me suggestions on how to get my car in the 15s (1/4 times). The racetrack I race at is 7800 ft i believe, and with an intake, and catback I ran a 17.2 or 17.4 i dont remember. I wanna try to get my car in the 15s n/a before I turbo it. Any suggestions?? Thanks!
    Eat ****.

remove weight, add drag slicks, cams, headwork, more static compression.
    "Never run out of real estate, traction & ideas at the same time"
    -93 MR2, 129 ES
    ClubProtege.com Tech Articles

Originally posted by WTF
    Remember low compression makes more space for AIR, HEEELLOOOO!

Comment

Are you talking about uncorrected times? 15s at that high of elevation is probably like running 14s at sea level.
      Dan
      dreesemonkey

Comment

Ugh at that elevation you might wanna skip out on the NA build up.. your gonna likely have to do some motor work that would not be too productive for a turbo.

Or do weight reduction that is a bit umm extreme
        -torp.
        94 Mx-3 1.8l Inline 4
        81 Celica Gt..

Comment

take out all the seats replace drivers with racing seat. remove all options no radio ac heater. get some drag radials. take everything out of your trunk only put enough gas to run and get back for more. do some other stuff and u can go faster then u belive
          i is dumb

Comment

Originally posted by skr33t_rac3r
            take out all the seats replace drivers with racing seat. remove all options no radio ac heater. get some drag radials. take everything out of your trunk only put enough gas to run and get back for more. do some other stuff and u can go faster then u belive

I like the whole do some other stuff part..
            -torp.
            94 Mx-3 1.8l Inline 4
            81 Celica Gt..

Comment

i heard that if u put some stickers on your car, that makes up for everything else. its like adding a stage 3 turbo man. ask str33t_rac3r

Comment

oh yeah get one of those GTR decals like 100 hp or u can just put a scuba dive tank in the trunk so it looks like NOS noone would be brave enuff to race u
                i is dumb

Comment

or a nos fire extinguisher, or a nos bass tube...those all add a lot of power

Comment

Dont forget about adding 19's.. those way push you into the 10's
                    -torp.
                    94 Mx-3 1.8l Inline 4
                    81 Celica Gt..

Comment

deuce deuces man, deuce deuces

Comment

Thanks for the great ideas guys!! If decided that Im gonna put a huge sticker on the front that says Powered by Vtec (10hp) then im gonna get the 1 windshield wiper and some LED wiper sprayers (7hp) them some 19" hubcaps all shiny and blingin for the back tires, then some 10" steelies for the fronts, so I have less mass to rotate thus going faster (15hp) Then a bunch of stickers all over my car of products that I wish i had, that should be an easy 30hp. Hopefully then I can run 15s!!

JK!!!

On a serious note, I have aquired $5000 that Im gonna put into my car, most likely on a turbo gtx or gtr engine, which ever one I can get totally installed for around $5000. Hopefully that will put me in the 15s!!
                        Eat ****.

Comment

that should put u in the 13's

Comment

five g's and a gtr motor will put u in the 12's

Comment

if your lucky

Comment

Working...
                              X