Help my system evolve

Heres what I have now.
    Blaupunkt montecarlo mp34 headunit
    Alpine type s 5x7 coaxials in front doors
    Amped by a kenwood 50x4 amp bridged to 100x2
    Pioneer 6x9's in rear 2 way
    RF 112 in sealed box
    amped by us acoustics 200x2 (usp-200)

When cranked the bass seems lacking, so Im looking into a phoenix gold xenon 12, cheap with great reviews. For a little while Ill reuse the amp. Then Ill run the usp-200 for the front speakers. With a mono amp.

But I was thinking of doing a set of component speakers first as the alpines sound terrible if anyone sits in the passanger seat.

so what exactly are you wanting help with? sounds like you know what you want already. i would definitely recomend components up front. but you might be able to achieve the bass you want by building a ported enclosure.

Comment

IM having trouble deciding which to do first.
      Ive heard the alpines are fine if I just aim them right (which Im having no luck with). So I dont know if I should get the components first.

+I have a sub now its fine for easy listening but on occasion Ill want more. Ive heard the fosgate is underrated so Im thinking I could get alittle more use out of it with a better amp. I went to a meet where a guy has a crazy loud system when I asked him about it all he had was a set of p112's. (thouse things were being beat on though deff over stressed)

ALso how good is the PG xenon? IVe heard very good things.

Comment

Originally posted by zerocover
        Ive heard the alpines are fine if I just aim them right (which Im having no luck with). So I dont know if I should get the components first.

+I have a sub now its fine for easy listening but on occasion Ill want more. Ive heard the fosgate is underrated so Im thinking I could get alittle more use out of it with a better amp. I went to a meet where a guy has a crazy loud system when I asked him about it all he had was a set of p112's. (thouse things were being beat on though deff over stressed)

Our cars are bad for sound when you have a passenger, I had Polk db650's(2way) up front and everytime I had a passenger I couldn't hear that side, but I moved those to the back and replaced them with Polk db6500 components and now I don't have any problems. If you have bass and need the sound quality, get the component set first IMO.

Have fun!

Looking for an Interplay Bumper!!!!

Comment

The coaxial speakers are definitely "fine", but components are considerably better. Everything sounds a lot clearer. It might even help with your bass a bit, depending on what kind you buy. My 6.5" components fill in the mid bass really nicely.

Comment

i'd get the components first and build a new enclosure for your sub. then if you need more bass, get a new sub later.

Comment

Originally posted by blue LEDz
              i'd get the components first and build a new enclosure for your sub. then if you need more bass, get a new sub later.
              I second that. A ported enclosure would make a difference, but the components are a must for having that killer sound you want.

Have fun and blast it till your ears bleed!

Looking for an Interplay Bumper!!!!

Comment

OK then what components are recomended.
                I hear great things about the infinity reference 6x8's. I am kind of partial to the harsh highs the alpines put out, too bad they dont fit in the doors. Im sure I can just EQ anything to get it to sound like I want it too.

Comment

that's a matter of personal preference. go listen to some and make a decision based on what you hear.

Comment

Working...
                  X