-Governor-

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

-Governor-

i dont know if this is in the right thread but here it goes.

would there be any sense in taking the governor off my car?
    Would i even be able to top it out anyway?

really need to know. plz reply.
    Mike A.

How often do you drive 120+ mph? I do not see why you should take it off. Just extra time that could be spent on something else. As far as tripping it, I only know of a few people that have done it on 3rd gens, but none on 2nd gens.
    "Probable impossibilities are to be preferred to improbable possibilities."

Comment

The governor, speed limiter or whatever the **** people call it is to keep idiots from killing themselves trying to see what the car can top out at. Don't waste your time do you really need to risk seeing what kind of damage you can do to your car at 120+??
      Ryan The middle child is always ignored
      BP powered 97LX Touring Edition
      Vibrant strut tower brace, KVR front brake pads, Tungsram Megalicht H4 headlight bulbs, Phillips Halogen H3 foglight bulbs.... 91 GT rims w/ 195 60 14 Yokohomo Mirada GTX sport

Comment

true. There's a race track where i live and it has a drag strip.
        i just wanted to see what i could get my car up to.
        what if i did take it off though, would it be able to beat
        some cars that it couldnt before it was tooken off?
        just wondering. not that i would go that fast anyway.
        unless it was a straight away with no cars upon it.
        Mike A.

Comment

Originally posted by bubbashane

what if i did take it off though, would it be able to beat
          some cars that it couldnt before it was tooken off?
          just wondering.
          Not likely, it would just raise your top speed a little bit, but the drag on our cars at those speeds would make it get up there pretty slowly.
          Vibrant strut tower brace, KVR front brake pads, Tungsram Megalicht H4 headlight bulbs, Phillips Halogen H3 foglight bulbs.... 91 GT rims w/ 195 60 14 Yokohomo Mirada GTX sport

Comment

Ive noticed that my friend's 95
            eclipse rs takes a while to get to 100 mph.
            Anyone that knows what im talking about, will
            a 2nd gen pro get up there quicker?
            Mike A.

Comment

dude, i've gone 110pmh in my pro . . .that's about where 4th gear hits ~6500rpms. I'm guessing in 5th, i can maybe get it up to 120 . . . maybe. And i'd probably need 2 or 3 miles of nice flat road with no cops. So unless you have lots and lots of open flat road, i'm not sure you'd be able to get it up that far anyway.
              has your car hit its speed limiter yet?
              Tag Team

Comment

no. as i said before, i usually do the speed limit
                never been over 100 mph.
                Mike A.

Comment

Mine cuts off at 190KMH
                  or ~115MPH

Comment

Mine cuts off abruptly at the above mentioned speeds.

Comment

Yea, mine cuts at 115mph. The big problem at that speed is lack of downforce in our car. (why i made a front lip spoiler for mine) The first time i got up to 115 i felt like i was about to lift off the road and fly away. After my front lip, i lost a few mph on top speed because of the resistance but at 110 i was stable as hell.
                      sigpic

Comment

ya im not sure any of our cars would have a speed limiter. I know my friend was showin me his wrx had a speed limiter. The car was still pulling strong and had lots of rpms left but the computer kept cutting the throttle back if it started to go too fast.
                        Tag Team

Comment

Nah, bubba. 2ns gen get up there really slow! Even with a cold-air intake, it is still very slow. We just do not have enough displacement, 1.5L = slow!
                          "Probable impossibilities are to be preferred to improbable possibilities."

Comment

o well. i think i might start saving for a another motor.
                            Mike A.

Comment

what I have noticed with my 95 1.5:

I don't have a speed limiter but I do have a feul cut. At 6500 the engine would go dead.
                              I don't see the sense in removing the feul cut, because this actually protects your motor from over reving.
                              I used to reach 6500 so quickly that sometimes I would bounce off the rev-limiter like 3 times. The highest speed I managed was about 121 or 125 in 5th gear, on a flat out highway in Carlisle.. That was nuts going that fast..
                              photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

Working...
                              X