Pics of your AWD in action!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pics of your AWD in action!?

C'mon guys i know atleast Protetype puts his AWD to good use, who else does??

lets see some AWD action!!!!!! or and even if its not in action post up a pic of yours anyways!

Ok, now pics of action yet.. but here's the first thing that happened.... um.. joel.. u might wanna look away

went up to hoodoo (skiing place) to go tubing with the autocross club and a lot of friends. everyon1 had their trucks.. i had the awd.. when we were done, my friends jumped in the back of the truck and i went solo in the pro. went fliyin out of the snow packed parking lot doing cookies around their truck.. it was cool. we went out onto the road that takes u to the lodge, he slid on purpose then stopped, i almost clipped the truck but slid just past.. wasnt expecting him to stop. when we hit the street, the truck comes out doin the "S" slides, i do the same, then i caught a rut and swung the car into a 180, mashed the gas and went again. this time went TO hard, slid down the hill and off to the side. slammed the entire passenger side 16" into the 8ft tall snowbank. first thing i thought of was the mirror, ya it's shot... well i said **** it, was gonna go in reverse, but instead put in gear, and hit it.. it was so cool. had snow flyin from all 4's everywhere. every1 thought it was cool seein a car do that. when we got the lodge, everyone who saw what happened ran over, and looked at the car... not 1 bit of damage.. and the mirror was perfect... SCORE..
    1992 Ultra Blue Metallic EGT - The 'scort with no name - crap>reliable daily>rallycross prep>stage rally
    Featured in Rally Gearbox Magazine 3/1/11
    "There's a hierarchy of insanity in motor sports. Normal people think all racers are crazy. Folks who race sedans think people in open-wheel cars are nuts. People who race cars of any kind think motorcycle racers are absolutely off theirs meds. But there's one group that everyone agrees is made up of the most extreme, the most daring, and absolutely craziest people in racing - rally racers."

Comment

First week I had it I went sideways into the curb at nearly 20 cause I wasn't expecting it to be so tail-happy.

BTW, if you're planning on doing much snow stuff with it you might want to put the differential lock switch back in. It doesn't really make a difference on snow in town but it would help with drifts.

Comment

oh, hehe, i had the lock in and in FULL use then i was just haveing A LOT OF FUN!
        1992 Ultra Blue Metallic EGT - The 'scort with no name - crap>reliable daily>rallycross prep>stage rally
        "There's a hierarchy of insanity in motor sports. Normal people think all racers are crazy. Folks who race sedans think people in open-wheel cars are nuts. People who race cars of any kind think motorcycle racers are absolutely off theirs meds. But there's one group that everyone agrees is made up of the most extreme, the most daring, and absolutely craziest people in racing - rally racers."

Comment

Yeah, it's good for that. I kicked the crap out of a few AWD Subarus with that thing... it's a great system.

Comment

Originally posted by jnorion
            Yeah, it's good for that. I kicked the crap out of a few AWD Subarus with that thing... it's a great system.

and soon to be oh so much better

Comment

and you know this...
              Attached Files
              -mike lucero
              1988 Mazda 323 GTX
              2001 Isuzu Rodeo

Comment

only ran half the day... couldnt figure out for the life of me why i kept driving like **** this day. till i saw noticed my tire being chewed up... wasnt until a week later when the pictures were posted that i saw exactly why i was driving like ****. owned by a bitch in a minivan. i got some cone slayer pictures too.. but i wont post those. more three wheel action than an old school rap video.
                Attached Files
                -mike lucero
                1988 Mazda 323 GTX
                2001 Isuzu Rodeo

Comment

Damn, what happened? That looks nasty.

Comment

well, got hit by a minivan a couple months before that. no big deal... thought we had the fender bent out enough to where it wouldnt be an issue. but, there were a couple spots on the track that were questionable. specifically, just before turn 3 i think, there was a bump. ground was raised about 3-5 inches... like a natural speed bump. and unless you hit it doin nothing, you were bottoming out. every car. hit it good the first time, and the tire caught the fender and bent it back in. sucked for trying to turn, as you can see.
                    Last edited by protetype; 04-06-2006, 10:51 PM.
                    -mike lucero
                    1988 Mazda 323 GTX
                    2001 Isuzu Rodeo

Comment

rallyx is the ****...thats what thats called right?
                      Eat ****.

Comment

Oh damn, that looks painful!

Comment

yes. www.coloradorallycross.org for more info here in Colorado Darren.
                          -mike lucero
                          1988 Mazda 323 GTX
                          2001 Isuzu Rodeo

Comment

Don't have any action shots of the awd protege gtr sleeper from hell yet. But here's a cool shot of the bpt frankengtx doing what it does best, from the Doo Wop rally last month. If it hadn't been for an electrical gremlin that parked us on stage 1 of day 2, we'd have finished on teh podium on both days. As it is, I'm pretty happy with 3rd overall on day 1 against a bunch of bigbuck soobies...
                            Attached Files
                            '90 AWD Protege, full GTR drivetrain swap, ~320 whp daily driver, RIP, and
                            '90 AWD Protege, yet another GTR swap, Open class rallycar with a Toyota GT4 gearbox swap, thus crossing the line between hobby and mental illness. And a Brabus E55 K8, removing all doubt.
                            http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/vbpi...?do=view&g=110
                            http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2599486

Comment

Meh, AWD is teh ghey.

j/k I want one really bad, and everyone that has one sucks. Can't for the life of me find on reasonably close.

Me VBGarage HERE

"90% of young people that get into car accidents say "OH ****". The other 10% are from Wisconsin and say "Hold my beer and watch this!".

Comment

Working...
                              X