Need Help !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need Help !!

I replaced my auto transmission, the gear cable sensor ? must be like in N,D,2,1 because the car doesnt turn on, so I pressed the brake to see if the shifter moved,and it didnt, i pushed on that little button that moves the shifter without pressing the brake,it only moved to R and back to P. That gear cable sensor thingy doesnt turn/clicks like my other tranny used to do. Why is it stuck!!???

I Hope you guys knoe what im talkin about because imma go insane if i dun know how to fix it. help me out please!!
    Past: 1994 White Protege DX ~DEAD~

Current: 05' Onyx Black Mazda 6 'S' ~Bone Stock~

Originally posted by TheMAN
    you MUST keep in mind the 2nd gen is the bastard child of the proteges...

By the way, all the electrical suff works. Lights,radio...etc.
    And why isnt my shifter moving when i press on the brake.???
    Last edited by RALLYBP_94; 11-06-2003, 01:38 AM.
    Past: 1994 White Protege DX ~DEAD~

Current: 05' Onyx Black Mazda 6 'S' ~Bone Stock~

Originally posted by TheMAN
    you MUST keep in mind the 2nd gen is the bastard child of the proteges...

Comment

i can't quite understand what your dilemma is.. just spout off a few things i do know:
      1. car will start with transmission in nuetral
      2. brake-shift interlock mechanism (i guess thats what you call it) is electrically controlled (this accounts for that clicking noise you hear)
      my suggestion, check your fuses (as stupid as this sounds) as there is a fuse that controls the brake-shifting mechanism. similarly, your rear tail lights won't light when you tap on the brake. this is my minor experience, check all your fuses out to double check. good luck
      peace

Comment

Working...
      X