Announcement

Collapse

Merged Threads

All threads have been merged into regional general discussions.
If you need a thread moved to a specific state, Please PM a moderator
See more
See less

Dec. 7th: 16th Annual "Toys In The Sun" Largest Charity Cruise! Let's all attend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dec. 7th: 16th Annual "Toys In The Sun" Largest Charity Cruise! Let's all attend

Sunday, December 7th is the 16th annual running of the largest one-day charity cruise event in the southeast.
    Ft. Lauderdale's "Toys In The Sun Run" has an estimated 30,000 motorcycles and 55,000 people every year out to the party at Markham Park in Sunrise, FL. Money raised benefits the Joe DiMaggio Children's Hospital and Boys & Girls Club, while the toys donated are distributed to needy children by the Fraternal Order of Police.

This year however, is gonna be very different!
    For the first time ever, The "Cruisers of South Florida" PT Cruiser Club is organizing the Auto Procession portion for the 200 cars allowed to participate in this historic cruise! This is 1st come 1st serve so hurry and register soon! Spots will fill quickly.

So far we have Joelene, Richard, Camilo, Marc, myself and a few others have already registered and paid. Its a small $20 entry fee for this spectacular event and it's so worth it.

Lining up is at 8:00am at the Pompano Harness Track & departure from there is a little later. The 15mph pleasure cruise takes place on nice tractor-trailer-free highways all the way to the park.

I-95 South and I-595 West will be shut down until the last vehicle gets to the park. We would normally dread this trip in rush-hour but for once it will be soooooooooo much fun!!!
    As usual all highway overpasses will be filled with folks and kids watching the parade, something everyone should experience at least once in their lifetime.

Food and entertainment at Markham will be galore, not to mention THOUSANDS of cool bikes. Plus South Florida is a close second in plastic surgeries performed so there will be shining examples of quality aftermarket work represented. :rofl:

Here's the Official Show Flyer: http://www.toysinthesunrun.com/toyrunflyer.htm

And the Show Application Form: http://www.cruisersofsouthflorida.co...n%20Flyer.html

A trophy will be presented at Markham Park to the club with the most club participating vehicles!
    Let's win this one guys. With the number of members we have, it's very possible. And it's for a very good cause, right before X'mas!

Talk to you all soon,

Vlad
    Ex-Officer: INTENSE Performance Mazda Club of South Florida

JDM nut & AutoXer: 1992 Blaze Red Mazda 323 S
    262,000 miles and kickin... and got some wicked new goodies recently...

BP Engine Build: Soon... Engine on the garage floor, parts on order

"Ever seen a 323 on Anthracite 17" OZ Superleggeras?!?!
    ...... and more importantly ever seen one with matching 15" Superleggeras for Autox??"

for those going...don't forget in addition to the $20 entrance fee there is also a requirement of an unwraped toy from all people in a car. ie: 4 people = 4 unwrapped toys. This is going to be a very fun event so lets have a big INTENSE showing

Comment

Stickified
      Sagaris

Comment

Jo, you da WO-MAN

Comment

Thanks very much JoJo

...... and more importantly ever seen one with matching 15" Superleggeras for Autox??"

Comment

No problemo. Just keep me updated
            Sagaris

Comment

oh hells yeah its a must attend!!!! iam like so there!

Comment

so u also registered? sorry i forgot. mah bad

Comment

I'LL BE OUTTA TOWN THAT DAY!!!

Arvin
                  2003.5 Lazer Blue Mica Protege5

Comment

Originally posted by P5ALIVE
                    I'LL BE OUTTA TOWN THAT DAY!!!

that sux man. It would have been great to have you along. My LED's will carry along you in spirit though =]

Comment

I gotta make a note to myself to get some more to replace yours and do mine. Hey, do you know how to remove the side turn signals? If not, I guess we can figure it out on Wed.
                      Arvin
                      2003.5 Lazer Blue Mica Protege5

Comment

that sounds good. I'll call you in the morning to set a time to meet @ roberto's

Comment

Whats up my name is Coop, i have an 00 Protege and live in Boca, I need a way to get a hold on someone in the Intense Performance club. Please contact me coopbrownell@aol.com.
                          thanx
                          coop

Comment

Welcome coop. we have a monthly meet the last friday of every month @ Tower shops in davie and a yahoo home page you will need to sign up with. which I will e-mail to you. soooo hope to see you friday nov 28th @ Tower.

edit: I sent you an e-mail with some information regarding INTENSE

P3ac3,

Richard
                            Last edited by GotBoost; 11-12-2003, 06:17 AM.

Comment

Working...
                            X