coil-overs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

coil-overs

can anyone help me out here. i would like to know if the coil-over kit from another mazda would fit my second-gen.
    not the lowering springs or the full coil-over shock system. but the kits u buy that u put over ur stock shocks and adjust them.
    Assumption is the mother of all fcukups

There is one made just for our car. Why get another one and mess with it? As far as I remember, www.corksport.com has for $400, its called Ground Control coilovers. But you might get lucky to find one on eBAY for much less. Goodluck.
    "Probable impossibilities are to be preferred to improbable possibilities."

Comment

ebay is where i have been checking and i ain't see any but i have seen for many other mazdas that is y i asked the initial question. i would have gone for the ground control coil-overs from corksport, i all i have to work wid is a student budget whichit jus the lunch money i have managed to save.

Comment

If money is the problem, then just get the lowering springs. Their are less of an effort and price to purchase and install, and you have a variety of springs.
        "Probable impossibilities are to be preferred to improbable possibilities."

Comment

the difference between the lowering springs and the coil overs ain't hat much about $100. but the thing is that me and my dad share the car so i want it to be coilovers cause he going complian that it too low. and that he ain't want it like that. so as a good family there is a compromise on both sides. that is where the adjustable ride height comes in. hope wunna understand my delima.
          would the ones from the miata work or even the 626. they all look the same
          is guess teh difference is in the spring rates and stiffness

Comment

i'd get h&r springs to just tide you over cause if you get cheap coil overs the ride is going to suck hardcore and your dad will hate it more than just being a little lowered... plus its a bit of work to go around the car and raise and lower it a couple times a day..
            In the Garage
            Black 93 MX-3 GS
            Bp powered
            GTR Drive Train

The ProjectMx build thread
            MyCardomain[/SIZE]

"Shut up, at least the bunnies are on fire!"

Comment

this is a suspension topic....
              photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

Originally posted by TwinCam16
                the difference between the lowering springs and the coil overs ain't hat much about $100. but the thing is that me and my dad share the car so i want it to be coilovers cause he going complian that it too low. and that he ain't want it like that. so as a good family there is a compromise on both sides. that is where the adjustable ride height comes in. hope wunna understand my delima.
                would the ones from the miata work or even the 626. they all look the same
                is guess teh difference is in the spring rates and stiffness
                1st things first , drop your poor attempt at slang, there is no such work as aint and there is no such word as wunna. Get frigin serious and use language that everyone else is using.

-------------and for your Question ------------------------

If you share the car with your parents, it's better to either leave the car alone or get lowering SPRINGS. the coilovers are a simple pain and they ride like crap. Your parents will not like the ride of the car at all. No matter what level you raise the coilover to it will still ride like garbage.

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

well we are from different countries so ur poor excuse for slang may just bethe way that i speak. and ur not answering the question. i guess i'll just leave the car the way it is

Comment

Seriously, everyone is right. The quality of sleeved coilovers is not worth it...go with a spring that doesnt lower it much...

CLICK HERE FOR PICS
                    1.8L 97 LX (CDN)
                    Erebuni kit, JDM heads/corners/tails/hood scoop, 17" BSA 259 w/ Khumo Ecstas, KYB GR2 struts, Apex springs, Ractive X-drilled/slotted rotors, KVR C/F pads, EssentialSpeed CAI, Essentialspeed custom cat-back (y-piped with dual Vibrant mufflers), Clutch Masters clutch, touring wing, Vibrant F/R strut bar, AWR 21.5mm rear sway bar, indiglo gauges, Sparco wheel/shift knob, custom interior, TomMotorsports 'BRIDE' seats, Innovatek DVD-0181 DVD/CD/MP3/etc player, Innovatek IN-720 7" indash LCD, 'MZDASPD' plates

Comment

thankx

Comment

no offense :
                        I have a Jamaican background and I have 2 close Basian friends.

I have an idea of ur slang, but that was just the crapiest spelling I have ever seen. If you read the post you posted, you have to ask yourself who would understand that..

----------------------------------------

The only coilovers that are worth buying are the ground controls. I have 2 friends with them on there civic coupes and they ride pretty good.
                        Mind you - no matter what you do, you will get that excessive bouncy ride from universal coils. I hate that. My friend has a crx with matrix coils and they are garbage.

For a Protege, or 323, I would recomend getting springs. BG extreme lowers the most at 90mm (or so) .. Even at that height the suspension runs out of compression pretty quick.

Bruce

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

ummm bruce dats bajan
                          we ain barbados asians
                          LOLOL
                          and wunna is standard bajan slang
                          twincam16 part u from?
                          i live in eden lodge

Comment

I've been debating a drop for a while. Is a used(about 1K miles) set of coilovers worth $130 inc. shipping or should I spend 200 and get a set of springs? Does the ride really suck that bad? I was thinking that 130 was a good deal until I read that coilovers blow. What do you guys think go or no?

<marquee>'97 Tan LX 5-speed-Clear corners, "poor mans" grill, 15in. Gunmetal/Polished Konig Holes covered with Dunlop GT Qualifiers, B&M short shifter installed and lovin it, custom leather black leather boot, MazdaSpeed Shift knob, Eibach Pro-Kit, Custom cold air intake Head Unit-Pioneer DEH-3500MP Speakers-Sony Xplod XS-V1621(3-way)6.5s(Front Doors) Infinity 652i(2-way)6.5s(Rear Doors) Pioneer TS-A6990R(5-way)6x9s(Rear Deck) Amps-Kenwood KAC-7201/Pioneer GM-X352 Subs-2-JL 12 W3s in Dual box, redone LED 3rd brake light(doesn't look like crap anymore). More I.C.E. on the way.</marquee>
                            Formerly '90 White Miata w/ 2 8" Laser Blue stripes
                            I hate the short nose crankshaft. It took my car away from me.

Comment

So what I'm getting from reading this form is that buying coilovers is a bust. Even if you get Ground controls??? Your better off getting drop springs???? If that is true how would you go about this:

My ride right now sits 6" from the ground, but has a big fender gap. I had planned on getting some bigger tires...from 205/40/16 to 205/50 or 55/16 and then getting some coilovers to drop it back down to the six inches from the ground. That way it would fill the gap but still be high enough to go over speed bumps and be driveable. Now I hear that you guys say that coilovers suck so could I still accomplish my goal with springs!!! Also what kind of struts would you get if I was to drop it!!!!
                              DO WHAT YOU DO!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X