Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MA audio

Hi . I've got a question for you .
    Right now I have 2 Pioneer TS-W28C 400 Watts 10" in a box , bought them 7-8 month ago . Now I can get 2 MA audio subs MA100XE 10" Competition Subwoofer 600W for 60 dollars (CDN) about 40$US each . Never heard about MA audio before . Is it worth it ?
    Thank you
    98 protege LX for appearance
    89 626 GT for performance

i wouldn't venture into ma audio, they claim alot of stuff on there amps, but it never adds up
    '02 classic red p5
    currently enrolled in AA.

Comment

and 2 10" comp. subs for CDN$60... that's a load of BS.
      you shouldn't be able to acquire anything that sounds good for CDN$60

Kenwood KDC-519 w/ RF 500bd + e12K.44
      RB springs
      Magnaflow catback

2004 mods:
      MP3 front bumper conversion

Comment

and 2 10" comp. subs for CDN$60 -
        I said 60 for each , not for both . It's a liquidation sale , they are new , but without warranty .

Another thing is , how can I calculate the output I'll need for the subs ? Is there any info about it ?
        Last edited by russian; 11-06-2003, 03:42 PM.

Comment

i can say that their amps don't put out what they claim, but their subs are most all based on other subs. the hard kore subs are a direct copy of another sub, but i can't remember which right now. there was a bit of controversy about it, but they are a direct copy of another great sub i've heard that all their subs are close copies of other subs, just maily changed cosmetically to look like their own. course that's a common practice of sub manufacturers look at how many subs use the same 12 spoke basket as the XXX and brahma's. there is a new sub out that uses the xbl2 technology, from adire audio, utilizing the dual gap technology for an extremely linear sub. course it still doesn't add up to a brahma

that being said, the subs are worth the $40 usd, $60 cdn. a tip though, they say competition sub, but every sub could be considered a competition sub so it's very misleading, and a gimmick to trick consumers. and each sub will only handle about 300 watts rms each. so a good 600 watt amp will push them fine also, what do you mean by calculating output? if you want a box modeling program, go to www.linearteam.org download winISD pro

Comment

Originally posted by blue LEDz
            and each sub will only handle about 300 watts rms each. so a good 600 watt amp will push them fine also, what do you mean by calculating output? if you want a box modeling program, go to www.linearteam.org download winISD pro
            Thanks a lot for help . I think I'll go get them then .
            I mean if I'll get 600W amp for those two it will be ok . Or I'll need something more powerfull ? Right now I have those 2 400W pioneer with 450W amp which I gonna use for my mid range after I'll get another amp . Do you think it's gonna be worth it to change those pioneers for MA ?
            I guess those questions might sound stupid , but I'm just got in to all this stuff

Comment

to be perfectly honest, i HATE pioneer subs i've yet to hear one i would put in my car i'd go for the MA subs over the pioneer any day. i wouldn't even put in their 5000SPL sub

you'll need an amp that puts out 600 watts x 1 at 1 ohm, or 4 ohm. i'd check e-bay for a JBL BP600.1

Comment

Thanks a lot man . That what I actually need .

Most of the stuff I like can't be shipped to Canada
                What's about Kenwood amps ?
                Last edited by russian; 11-07-2003, 05:19 PM.

Comment

goto www.ikesound.com you can get the jbo 600.1 for 189 bucks us, and they will ship to canada
                  '02 classic red p5
                  currently enrolled in AA.

Comment

Originally posted by russian
                    Thanks a lot man . That what I actually need .

Most of the stuff I like can't be shipped to Canada
                    What's about Kenwood amps ?

i'm not a fan of kenwood amps or speakers they've got pretty good HU's, but that's about it.

Comment

Working...
                    X