• Show
Clear All

brake parts?

I want to get new brakes. so i need

2 rotors (left and right front)
    2 brake pads (left and right front)

the rear is what confuses me

i have a 98 pro LX

is it disk or drum brakes? i believe it's drum but i want to make sure I don't buy the wrong thing.

also, where can i get steel braided brake lines for our cars? I thought I saw some for sale before, but i forget where.

LOL. Wow, you can't go to your rear wheels and see what you have? Damn... oh well, I know you know your stuff anyways, your a turbo'd z5 with 180 hp to the wheels!

And because I'm going to be nice to you , You have the LX which means you have DRUMS in the back. Discs in the back are for ES proteges, the BP powered proteges hahaha
    Don't have a car anymore... cry with me

Comment

my fiance currently has my car because im putting a starter in her truck. so no i can't go out there and look this second. thanks for the help after i was an ass torp.

Comment

Holy **** dude, you know nothing about your car. Why can't you just do a search and find this ****. Are you that lazy, or that dumb? Wow...

Comment

^ useless post
          In fact, this post calling it useless is still more useful.

Comment

i know nothing about brakes. yes. my car. no. and yes i am lazy.

Comment

bah ignore this people ... but ey.. do you have a Dohc motor or single.. if single you have Drums .. but if dual you have Disk.. but mostly you dont have to replace the rear , all you need is to inspect them and adjust the drums.. as for disk... just look at it and see the thickness.. hope this helps
              My Toys =D

Comment

Originally posted by ScOrTGtC
                bah ignore this people ... but ey.. do you have a Dohc motor or single.. if single you have Drums .. but if dual you have Disk.. but mostly you dont have to replace the rear , all you need is to inspect them and adjust the drums.. as for disk... just look at it and see the thickness.. hope this helps

Actually, 95-98 motors do NOT come in SOHC. It is ALL DOHC. Only the first gens come wtih SOHC. My previous post says what he needs to know
                Don't have a car anymore... cry with me

Comment

Originally posted by ScOrTGtC
                  stick to 1st gens.
                  Almost there

jdm tails... check
                  jdm bumper... check
                  ms lip... check
                  ms grill... check
                  ms sideskirts... check
                  ms rear skirts... check
                  ms spoiler... check
                  ms struts... check

Still trying for a bp swap..:
                  Fidanzda 8lb flywheel, ACT HD00, UR Crank Pulley, UR Adj. Cam-Gears, Exh-Intake CamShaft Swap, MS Engine Mounts, Custom CAI, PaceSetter Header, 2.25" in/out-let Magnaflow Cat, 2.25" Mandrel-Bent Exhaust.

Comment

i was just about to say theres no sohc 2nd gen...

im gonna upgrade the rotors so i figured why not get new pads, i'll need em shortly anyway, and i might as well get new drums while im at it just so everything is new.

Comment

Get stainless steel brake lines while you're at it: more durable and improved feel.

Comment

If someone can find a set made for the 98 LX that is fairly cheap ie - $150 or less

i'd probably take advantage of it.

Comment

Originally posted by 95pro
                          stick to 1st gens.
                          opps thats why i couldnt find this post .. bahahahahhaha.. im lost ...
                          My Toys =D

Comment

Working...
                          X