New To The Mx3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New To The Mx3

Ok heres the deal, I recently purchased a 1995 MX3 1.6 DOHC, I know that the motor is weak as hell so I am going to swap my BP from my 1994 Protege LX, I have all the parts from the Pro and obviously all the parts from the MX3, whatelse would I need for the swap?? Any custom parts?? Also what are the major strengths of this platform?? Obviously it has a relatively low curb weight and good handling for this class, I have already ordered front and rear titanium/carbon strut bars, $170/ea they are custom made. So that takes care of some of the suspension. I am debating two suspension choices, either a coil-over kit to lift the car up a little, I bottom out on everything and the struts/shocks and springs are all good, wonder if the stock 14"s could be the prob!?!? Or putting some progressive rate springs in the only lower it like .25", no lower for now. HAHA. What is the potential of this chassis?? What has already been done?? Can the torpedo style MAF be adapted to fit a 1994 BP with the Vane style sensor?? Any help would be awesome thanks guys.

ok umm, the bp would be a great swap. You can build it up n/a if you have the cash or you can turbo it which is the option i went for. The car is light and the swap doesnt offset the weight distribution too bad. The major strengths for the platform are that it is light, aerodynamic and a pretty sharp looking car for damn sure. The weakness are aftermarket support, so some things will have to be custom which i dont mind. As for suspension i would recommend coilovers with some decently stiff spring rates. Switch the wheels out for lightweight racing wheels preferably no bigger than 16's if your looking for best performance. The chassis has alot of potential and is a unique and rare car, in other words a sleeper. I'm not sure as to what you refer to as torpedo style, but i just say get the rx7 vaf and call it a day till you can get a map sensor with a e-manage ultimate or standalone of some sort. Overall the car is great, will probably need some work since it is quite a few years old. If done right, will be fun and fast as well. Any other questions, post back. Lates

Need Vehicle Graphics, Decals, Headlight/Tail light tint? Visit http://www.graphxsigns.net or PM me!

Comment

Working...
    X