450 bhp Mazda 323 gtr rally car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

450 bhp Mazda 323 gtr rally car

I have heard of GTR rally cars getting up to 450 bhp in their engines and was curious if the same gtr engine has the same potential as the one they use in rally racing if so the gtr engine would have quite an edge over the GTX engine and would be an ideal swap for 1st gen pro and 323 owners.
    Sandon Davis

Don't mess with the Sandman

Well u might be on to something

Comment

I doubt it'll fit
      -------------------------
      '91 LX
      '03 Mazdaspeed Protege #235

Originally posted by pigeon
      well if you're a fan of inaccuracy and uncertainty.... then by all means, go set your timing by feel and sound

while you're out there, you might as well adjust your air/fuel ratio by smell... and your tire pressure by ride height

Comment

Yeah ive only seen like 30 of these swaps done. Yes it will fit and yes the GTR will bolt to the Lx tranny good for 350 hp before the tranny starts seing problems, They made 2300 GTR's good luck finding one...Jon

Comment

I bet now that you said that the GTX will have half the power of the GTR what makes the gtr motor so special i mean its not like its twin turbo or anything or is it?
          Sandon Davis

Don't mess with the Sandman

Comment

The gtx has a vj-20 turbo, Thr GTR has a vj-23 ballbearing turbo. The gtx makes 180 hp GTR makes 220 stock but can be pushed over 300

Comment

To answer your question with a bit more detail, read this:

'91 LX
              '03 Mazdaspeed Protege #235

Originally posted by pigeon
              well if you're a fan of inaccuracy and uncertainty.... then by all means, go set your timing by feel and sound

while you're out there, you might as well adjust your air/fuel ratio by smell... and your tire pressure by ride height

Comment

Re: 450 bhp Mazda 323 gtr rally car

Originally posted by Speed Protege

I have heard of GTR rally cars getting up to 450 bhp in their engines and was curious if the same gtr engine has the same potential as the one they use in rally racing if so the gtr engine would have quite an edge over the GTX engine and would be an ideal swap for 1st gen pro and 323 owners.
                The stock BP can hold 400whp on stock internals, and IMO, can hold 450 whp with some better tuning. That's stock internals, stock cams, stock heads.

Building that up MILDLY will let you see 400whp easily.
                "Never run out of real estate, traction & ideas at the same time"
                -93 MR2, 129 ES
                ClubProtege.com Tech Articles

Originally posted by WTF
                Remember low compression makes more space for AIR, HEEELLOOOO!

Comment

the gtr motor has always been better then the gtx and you can get alot more power out of a motor but it comes with a risk when you go to much hp stuff starts to break but look at honda and the s2000 you see alot of those with almost 500 hp(the pink one from 2f2f 478hp)
                  i is dumb

Comment

Originally posted by skr33t_rac3r
                    the gtr motor has always been better then the gtx and you can get alot more power out of a motor but it comes with a risk when you go to much hp stuff starts to break but look at honda and the s2000 you see alot of those with almost 500 hp(the pink one from 2f2f 478hp)
                    Dude....stop posting crap like this.

What does a built F20 have to do with a stock Mazda BP motor?

JUST STOP POSTING FOR A FEW MONTHS, READ EVERYTHING YOU CAN, AND THEN **MAYBE** START POSTING AGAIN.
                    "Never run out of real estate, traction & ideas at the same time"
                    -93 MR2, 129 ES
                    ClubProtege.com Tech Articles

Originally posted by WTF
                    Remember low compression makes more space for AIR, HEEELLOOOO!

Comment

all i was saying is that just because its a small motor dosent mean u cant get alot of power out of it
                      i is dumb

Comment

all i was saying is that just because its a small motor dosnt mean u cant get alot of power out of it
                        i is dumb

Comment

Originally posted by skr33t_rac3r
                          That pink S2000 was slow as balls for what it had. It ran a 13.9 quarter mile with that Vortech Supercharger.
                          -Robert
                          '93 Protege Turbo LX 5-speed

-GTX VJ-20 turbo w/ custom downpipe, Haltech E6K Kit w/ 3Bar MAP sensor & O2 sensor (Engine Management System), .040 overbored pistons with slightly raised compression, Resurfaced cylinder head & valve job, GReddy Type-S BOV, Turbo XS boost controller, 450cc injectors, Walbro 255lph fuel pump, 22"x9"x3" FMIC, full 3" exhaust w/ Catco Catylic converter & Summit Turbo Muffler, ACT Clutch Kit (stage 2), Uretheane shifter bushing, Triple Gauge Pod w/ Boost, Air/Fuel Ratio, and Oil Pressure gauges, Falken Azenis Sport 195/60HR14 tires on steelies.

Comment

Re: Re: 450 bhp Mazda 323 gtr rally car

Originally posted by JesseSays
                            The stock BP can hold 400whp on stock internals, and IMO, can hold 450 whp with some better tuning. That's stock internals, stock cams, stock heads.

Building that up MILDLY will let you see 400whp easily.
                            I know that one Canadian guy did this but do you feel that this can be accomplished again? I mean, it's just hard to believe that the stock BP could handle 400 wheel horsepwer. Also, did he have the stock transmission? One more question, how much boost can the BP motor handle with proper tuning?
                            -Robert
                            '93 Protege Turbo LX 5-speed

-GTX VJ-20 turbo w/ custom downpipe, Haltech E6K Kit w/ 3Bar MAP sensor & O2 sensor (Engine Management System), .040 overbored pistons with slightly raised compression, Resurfaced cylinder head & valve job, GReddy Type-S BOV, Turbo XS boost controller, 450cc injectors, Walbro 255lph fuel pump, 22"x9"x3" FMIC, full 3" exhaust w/ Catco Catylic converter & Summit Turbo Muffler, ACT Clutch Kit (stage 2), Uretheane shifter bushing, Triple Gauge Pod w/ Boost, Air/Fuel Ratio, and Oil Pressure gauges, Falken Azenis Sport 195/60HR14 tires on steelies.

Comment

i saw that it ran a 12.6 on the site that had the specs
                              i is dumb

Comment

Working...
                              X