MAZDASPEED3... here by summertime!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MAZDASPEED3... here by summertime!

With over 250 horsepower, the MAZDASPEED3 redefines the meaning of speed. Its high-performance MZR 2.3-liter DISI Turbo engine, six-speed transmission, and razor-sharp handling turn it into a beast on the road. And with muscular, flared front fenders, floating fog lamps, aerodynamically powerful edges, and flush black interior it looks wild, too. Red stitching accents the seating, steering wheel, and shift knob for a swift, sporty refinement. And the 18”, 10-spoke aluminum alloy wheels, roof spoiler, and big, boisterous tailpipe keep the style flowing all the way to the rear end. But while other sports cars stop at “sports,” the MAZDASPEED3 features some remarkable assets. An upgraded brake system makes for alert and active safety. And for the tightest handing and responsiveness during hard cornering, Mazda provides the combined power of an enhanced suspension, the smart Mazda Advance Impact-energy Distribution and Absorption System, powerful four-wheel ABS, and a newly developed torque-reduction system with limited slip differential. Well engineered and beautifully designed, Mazda’s nimble MAZDASPEED3 is one of the fastest sports compacts with an FWD layout on the market.

I want one!!!

LINKS:
    USA Website
    Canada Website - Much better information and done in flash with pictures and a video (go to Vehicles -> Upcoming -> MAZDASPEED3)

JoN - Automotive Machinist Journeyman/Refrigeration Mechanic Journeyman
    Member of MX-3.com
    1996 Mazda MX-3 RS - Creek Blue Mica
    1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE - Raspberry... RIP

Racing BP (Project "Blue" Marlin)... Twin Scroll GT3071R, breaking 30psi at the moment!

"Do it ONCE, do it RIGHT!"

i've been trying to decide on a new car, the mazdaspeed 3 or...dare i say it....RSX Type S

Comment

wait for the new rsx if your gonna go that way. and as much as people are talking about the new civic id say its a great bet if you want to go to the evil empire. i got to flog one around on a track and its an impressive automobile.
      mods: engine: fm stroker lightened and knifedged crank, 11:1, custom crank scraper, fully p&p head and intake mani, bored throttle body, flowed and matched stock injectors, rx7 vaf, apexi safc, gude race cams, modded ecu 8200 fuel cutoff, blaster coil, clutchmasters stage 3 clutch, fidanza fly wheel and timeing gears, msp diff, custom shortram in a cold air box

suspension: s/r struts intrack springs and intrax sway bars 15x6.5 rims kumho mx tires 205 50 r 15

Comment

I dont think your realizing the potential of the Msp3.
        We all saw what highboost did to theres. Its an amazing engine.

Comment

More info... it's gonna come with power-assisted 17" front and rear disc brakes. That's huge!

Member of MX-3.com

Racing BP (Project "Blue" Marlin)... Twin Scroll GT3071R, breaking 30psi at the moment!

Comment

17 inch brakes ummm i doubt that..... that would require 20 inch wheels most likely.
            mods: engine: fm stroker lightened and knifedged crank, 11:1, custom crank scraper, fully p&p head and intake mani, bored throttle body, flowed and matched stock injectors, rx7 vaf, apexi safc, gude race cams, modded ecu 8200 fuel cutoff, blaster coil, clutchmasters stage 3 clutch, fidanza fly wheel and timeing gears, msp diff, custom shortram in a cold air box

suspension: s/r struts intrack springs and intrax sway bars 15x6.5 rims kumho mx tires 205 50 r 15

Comment

From Mazda's site:
              Originally posted by Mazda Canada
              Focus on safety – upgraded brake system to match the high power

The starting point for MAZDASPEED3 safety package was to preserve the accurate, predictable handling of the original Mazda3. Large diameter 4-wheel disc brakes, ventilated 320 mm discs at front and solid 280 mm discs at rear, 8+9 inch tandem brake booster and a large 1 inch diameter master cylinder yield powerful and stable braking.

Standard equipment includes 4-wheel ABS, emergency brake assist, and dynamic stability control (DSC), all of which provide active safety for the MAZDASPEED3 in a range of driving scenarios. In addition, a rain-sensing wiper system and auto light system are also standard to give the driver a clear view of the road and help prevent accidents.

For protection during collision from any direction, MAZDASPEED3 employs the unique Mazda Advanced Impact energy Distribution and Absorption System (MAIDAS) to deliver a robust and safe body structure. Inside the cabin, front dual airbags are fitted as standard, along with side and curtain airbags. A collapsible brake pedal and revised steering column structure reduce the risk of injury to the driver's lower legs, while a seat belt reminder system, which confirms whether seatbelts are buckled or not, is also included to support the safety of the front and rear occupants.
              The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

so 12.6 inch brakes! at the front and 11 at the back! hardly 17 inches!

Comment

Originally posted by Shades
                  More info... it's gonna come with power-assisted 17" front and rear disc brakes. That's huge!
                  What was I thinking when I posted that... :suckie:

Member of MX-3.com

Comment

*bites his lip for badmouthing* but..... it's still got that terrible, awful Ford rear suspension.
                    Ask me about engine management!

Comment

All I have to sayt , is that it's to bad that they didn't make it all wheel drive, then it would atleast be ablet to compete with the WRX; all they would have had to do it use what they have in the Mazdaspeed 6. But those are my thoughts.
                      Speed Is Nothing Without Control.

Comment

I think they should build more than a limited number. Back when the Mazdaspeed pro came out the stealerships where jacking up the prices $3000- $4000 and calling it a limited availability charge. Same thing is going on right now with the Mazdaspeed6 not as bad as the protege got it , but it is happening.
                        c+p>c<c+d1>c+p<m+d2>m<m+f>f<c+p>m<m+f>f<f+s1>c+p<c +s2>c<c+p>

2002 Mazda Protégé 5 , 5-speed , poly engine mounts , 4 to 1 header , JIC-Magic semi titanium cat back , custom CAI , Tokiko hp struts , Vogtland springs , Mazdaspeed sway-bar kit , Megan racing TTL's , Megan Racing trailing arms , pedders control arm bushings , corksport clutch line and shifter bushings , Tiger Tuning rear panel with V brace , Black sedan headlights with 6000k H.I.D.'s , M3 mirrors , Audio by Alpine , Kicker and just getting started.

Comment

I agree, if there is call for an item they should be doing there damndist to fill the need.

Comment

Originally posted by mazdamp5
                            All I have to sayt , is that it's to bad that they didn't make it all wheel drive, then it would atleast be ablet to compete with the WRX; all they would have had to do it use what they have in the Mazdaspeed 6. But those are my thoughts.

Mazda has stated its not trying to compete with the WRX or Evo when the Mazdaspeed6 came out. I guess to keep prices down and leave it to the aftermarket to build the hype up. I said aftermarket .
                            c+p>c<c+d1>c+p<m+d2>m<m+f>f<c+p>m<m+f>f<f+s1>c+p<c +s2>c<c+p>

2002 Mazda Protégé 5 , 5-speed , poly engine mounts , 4 to 1 header , JIC-Magic semi titanium cat back , custom CAI , Tokiko hp struts , Vogtland springs , Mazdaspeed sway-bar kit , Megan racing TTL's , Megan Racing trailing arms , pedders control arm bushings , corksport clutch line and shifter bushings , Tiger Tuning rear panel with V brace , Black sedan headlights with 6000k H.I.D.'s , M3 mirrors , Audio by Alpine , Kicker and just getting started.

Comment

RIGGHHTTTTTT, to install and set up an aftermarket AWD system would be well into the $20000.00 mark, sorry I'm just stuck on AWD since I've driven the WRX down a paved loggin road at silly speeds(215km) I entered a corner at 180Km, kicked the back end out with a controled drift, then exelrated out at well above 200km( I wan't look at the speedo aty thsi piont, ( with the salesman in the backseat... heheh he was holding onto the oh **** handles with a big grinn on his face), and this was the first time i've ever driven this ca, it was like a well worn in basebal glove, you know how and what to do automaticly, silly easy car to drive fast.

Comment

Working...
                              X