Some more questions ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some more questions ...

Hey to all . Since I got my PRO , I have more and more questions almost every day . Hopefully someone having fun unswering them Yep . So , another one today .
    I heard that someone making headlight eyelids , Any idea where I can get those or how can I make it ?
    And does anyone know how can I get rid of ruttling noise in sunroof area ? It doesn't look like I can take it apart easely . And the other noise coming from door pannels - not from inside of the door , exactly left corner of the left door ( looking from inside ) and right one on the right . Any idea how can I sequre it ?

Thanks for help .
    98 protege LX for appearance
    89 626 GT for performance

Nobody makes the eylids so you will have to do it yourself.... most people just put a vynl sticker on the headlights... you could also fiberglass some to your hood that overlap the headlights(just an idea I just came up with) I dont know about the sunroof and the door... im assuming that the stock speakers arent in the doors cuz Mine didnt do it until I got new speakers and had to take the door off... so its just the clip not going in on mine and probably the same for you... im thinking of just cutting the clip off and that way it wont vibrate on the metal and put some felt or something onthe other side to make sure.

Comment

I've got the same deal with my sunroof but I haven't gone and done anything to it yet. So if you find something out.

The door panels can be taken off pretty easily. Then you can see what kind of speakers you've got and then you can do what I did to make things fit.

On the back side of the speaker grill in the door panel is a bunch of plastic. You only need one tool...a box cutter/exacto knife. Trim off the plastic. It looks like a circle and some things that connect to the circle.(very technical)

That made a world of difference and stopped all rattles.

<marquee>'97 Tan LX 5-speed-Clear corners, "poor mans" grill, 15in. Gunmetal/Polished Konig Holes covered with Dunlop GT Qualifiers, B&M short shifter installed and lovin it, custom leather black leather boot, MazdaSpeed Shift knob, Eibach Pro-Kit, Custom cold air intake Head Unit-Pioneer DEH-3500MP Speakers-Sony Xplod XS-V1621(3-way)6.5s(Front Doors) Infinity 652i(2-way)6.5s(Rear Doors) Pioneer TS-A6990R(5-way)6x9s(Rear Deck) Amps-Kenwood KAC-7201/Pioneer GM-X352 Subs-2-JL 12 W3s in Dual box, redone LED 3rd brake light(doesn't look like crap anymore). More I.C.E. on the way.</marquee>
      Formerly '90 White Miata w/ 2 8" Laser Blue stripes
      I hate the short nose crankshaft. It took my car away from me.

Comment

It didn't do that noise untill I changed my whole stereo . Right now I have 3 way blaupukt in the doors . I'll probably take my panels off again and try to sequre everything somehow .
        My sunroof , damn it . It did those sounds before and there was one screw loose . I fix that , but it still makes noise . I'll try to do some next weekend and if it'll work I'll post some pictures of it .
        98 protege LX for appearance
        89 626 GT for performance

Comment

Working...
        X