Rain-X Wax As U Dry Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rain-X Wax As U Dry Review

First off, let me say that I was inspired by Shred to write this review after reading his ICE Review, so Thank You Shred!

To start I was torn between what Shred tried and the Rain-X Wax As U Dry(RX from this point on), I chose the RX, it's a Carneuba formula that you can use wet or dry, I was scepticle at first, but after an hour of washing and an hour of detailing, this is what I have to say about this fine product.

First, I left my car wet, soaked in fact, I pulled to the vacuum areas and followed the directions, shake well then spray on entire body, now with other waxes spraying the entire body isn't how you get the right finish, but Idid it anyways. I went around the car once, then followed it up by wiping it off in a circular motion, getting the black bumpers and rubber, I even tried it on one pain of glass like regular Rain-X.

After the body was wiped completely clean twice for good measure I went back to the glass and wet the microfiber sponge and cleaned the glass till it was crystal clear. Once I realized how to get it completely cleaned off the glass, I did the other windows while I vacuumed. Once the car was done, it shined like I've never seen it before, it was better than the day Itook it from the dealership.

Now, I have actually had an oppurtunity to see if it would hold up thanks to the inability to predict the weather by our forecasters. We weren't supposed to get rain till the end of this week, but instead got it that night, luckily I get the garage at night, but it rained all day while I was at work, and here's what I found.

If any of you have used Rain-X window treatment before then you know how the water just beads up off the glass, well, that's how it worked on the body. While other cars were covered in water, mine was covered in these little beads that seemingly floated off the car once they got too big, and yes, it worked on the glass!

Today is the second day of rain we've had and the water still beads up off the body, so it appears to be working properly. I rubbed part of the body dry with a towel and the ran my hand along the body to see if that smooth feeling was still there, and it was, so I'm happy with my product choice.

Ratings:

Ease of use- 10
    Product quality- 10
    Product durability- 10
    Product Price- $5

Thanks!

I will not be held responsible for any problems you might have with this product, this was merely written to share my experience with this product.

Looking for an Interplay Bumper!!!!

Suzuka 323, thanks for your compliment.

Sounds like this worked great and you applied it correctly.

Just a thing that I want to know. Does the RX haze up?

Thanks

ShRED

Comment

Originally posted by shred
      Suzuka 323, thanks for your compliment.

Sounds like this worked great and you applied it correctly.

Just a thing that I want to know. Does the RX haze up?

Thanks

ShRED
      No, it does however, go on white, but you don't cover the car completely, you just mist it on to each panel, on shot to each panel worked perfect on my 323, I did however put 2 shots on the roof, but it required me to go over it a third time to remove it completely, it will leave a haze if too much is used, but that's a good thing, it lets you know you used too much and allows you to go back and wipe it off with ease.

Update!!!! Well this is the fourth straight day for rain here and the water is still beeding up on the car and rolling off. I do have the normal dirt splashed up on the side of my car, but it just wipes off clean!

Comment

I'm just asking about hazing up because if you get the stuff in between cracks, it might be a hassle to remove it. Since you use it one panel at a time, it looks like you have the control to specifically protect the area that you want. Cool!

ShRED

Comment

Thanks Suzuka323. I wanted to buy this wax last weekend but I will probably do it this weekend if it doesn't rain. I'm always trying different waxes also.

Originally posted by Suzuka323
          I will not be held responsible for any problems you might have with this product, this was merely written to share my experience with this product.
          Classic.

Comment

Originally posted by sanblaster1
            Thanks Suzuka323. I wanted to buy this wax last weekend but I will probably do it this weekend if it doesn't rain. I'm always trying different waxes also.

Classic.
            I'm no dummy, with today's society being able to get money cause they burned themselves from hot coffee, someone might use my written experience as an excuse to take my money, and the sad thing is, they could probably win.

Update: Stopped raining this mourning(Mon-Thur of heavy rain), used a dry towel and some water to wipe a spot clean to check for the smooth finish. The smooth finish wasn't AS smooth as when I first waxed, but again I only applied it once. The paint didn't go back to the dull rough feeling it was before, but I figure if I apply it twice, once wet and once dry, I'll be set for at least a month before having to do it again.

Comment

Originally posted by shred
              I'm just asking about hazing up because if you get the stuff in between cracks, it might be a hassle to remove it. Since you use it one panel at a time, it looks like you have the control to specifically protect the area that you want. Cool!

ShRED
              It did get in the cracks a little, like around the door handle, but I got into the cracks with the Microfiber Sponge and removed as much of the extra wax as possible. The beauty of it was that it was White, but any that was left behind wasn't visible. The key is to spray it in strokes and about a foot from the car, otherwise it gobs on and can get into the cracks easily.

I'll be applying it twice this weekend and will give another update as to improvements with 2 applications.

Comment

Working...
              X