lame audio question by newbie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lame audio question by newbie

Hey guys. I'm having trouble finding info on the factory head unit in the '03 pro.
    I'm second owner on the car. It came with am/fm and cd.(not the indash changer) How many watts? is it a standard 4 ohms? does it have a preamp output? should i just throw it away? Oh, and before i take the door panels off, what size are the speakers in the front doors?
    I'm not going to competitions with it, but i think everyone here knows the factory system is.....inadequate. I've already replaced the rear speakers. anybody want some slightly worn 25watt 6x9 pioneers? yeah, me neither.
    I know i'm starting down a long road, and a noise ordinance citation will not be the end of it. but for now, baby steps, atleast until the the 4 channel Fosgate amp comes back from the shop.

The stock radio has no preouts , prob. 15 watts per channel , 4 ohms , and front door speakers are 5x7
    c+p>c<c+d1>c+p<m+d2>m<m+f>f<c+p>m<m+f>f<f+s1>c+p<c +s2>c<c+p>

2002 Mazda Protégé 5 , 5-speed , poly engine mounts , 4 to 1 header , JIC-Magic semi titanium cat back , custom CAI , Tokiko hp struts , Vogtland springs , Mazdaspeed sway-bar kit , Megan racing TTL's , Megan Racing trailing arms , pedders control arm bushings , corksport clutch line and shifter bushings , Tiger Tuning rear panel with V brace , Black sedan headlights with 6000k H.I.D.'s , M3 mirrors , Audio by Alpine , Kicker and just getting started.

Comment

Working...
    X