Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Protege rear disc brakes on the MX-3? Please answer quickly!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Protege rear disc brakes on the MX-3? Please answer quickly!

would they fit?
    Ask me about engine management!

yes. I have personally seen the v6 rear discs direct bolt onto a DX protege... I know if the EC **** works on a BG then the BG **** works on the EC.

Keep in mind that the E-brake cables, and brake lines will be different.

oh and you should know to call me if you need a quick answer matt....
    The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

Calipers and wheel bearing/hub's are also different.
      c+p>c<c+d1>c+p<m+d2>m<m+f>f<c+p>m<m+f>f<f+s1>c+p<c +s2>c<c+p>

2002 Mazda Protégé 5 , 5-speed , poly engine mounts , 4 to 1 header , JIC-Magic semi titanium cat back , custom CAI , Tokiko hp struts , Vogtland springs , Mazdaspeed sway-bar kit , Megan racing TTL's , Megan Racing trailing arms , pedders control arm bushings , corksport clutch line and shifter bushings , Tiger Tuning rear panel with V brace , Black sedan headlights with 6000k H.I.D.'s , M3 mirrors , Audio by Alpine , Kicker and just getting started.

Comment

Originally posted by purewhitemp5
        yeah, but all the mounting points are the same.
        The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

Originally posted by purewhitemp5
          Hmmm... different in what way?... are they bigger or smaller, the calipers? Does that mean the rotors are different too?

Also the EGT's rear discs/hubs/calipers are the same as the ProLX's, right? I read that somewhere and just wanted a verification... I'm gonna throw them on my MX3... they'll work as D323 said the mounting points are the same.

I guess I'll have to get a new e-brake cable. When you say the lines are different do I have to change the metal lines (from front of the car to the back) or just the rubber one that attaches to the caliper?

JoN - Automotive Machinist Journeyman/Refrigeration Mechanic Journeyman
          Member of MX-3.com
          1996 Mazda MX-3 RS - Creek Blue Mica
          1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE - Raspberry... RIP

Racing BP (Project "Blue" Marlin)... Twin Scroll GT3071R, breaking 30psi at the moment!

"Do it ONCE, do it RIGHT!"

Comment

what about the rear brake components from a miata to a 1st gen protege.

Comment

calipers yes. but rear wheel bearings & hubs.... are the same same part number #B455-26-15XA.... now that is pending it doesn't have abs. abs hubs are different.

mx3 rear calipers & mounting points are junk. protege ones are superior in multiple aspects. you would have to use protege e-brake cables tho

the spindles are also the same. pending that it doesn't have abs.
              ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
              he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Originally posted by bpt323
                calipers yes. but rear wheel bearings & hubs.... are the same same part number #B455-26-15XA.... now that is pending it doesn't have abs. abs hubs are different.

mx3 rear calipers & mounting points are junk. protege ones are superior in multiple aspects. you would have to use protege e-brake cables tho

the spindles are also the same. pending that it doesn't have abs.
                Thanks for the info, very informative!

Hmmm... interesting. Well I have EGT rear hubs and calipers... I'm gonna assume they're the same as the Protege.

Now I'm wondering if the e-brake cable for the Protege would work in the MX-3... like lengths and all that... Hmmm... I guess I'll just have to do a trial and error.

And no, none of this talk involves ABS thank goodness!

JoN - Automotive Machinist Journeyman/Refrigeration Mechanic Journeyman
                Member of MX-3.com
                1996 Mazda MX-3 RS - Creek Blue Mica
                1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE - Raspberry... RIP

Racing BP (Project "Blue" Marlin)... Twin Scroll GT3071R, breaking 30psi at the moment!

"Do it ONCE, do it RIGHT!"

Comment

Working...
                X