NA or Turbo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NA or Turbo

What would you rather do turbo or keep it natural aspirated I know trying to buil horsepower from a dx is like pulling teeth and I personally think the LX is more race worthy than the DX In my opinion I dont think I have a choice but to turbo my car but it would be cool to build a 125hp 7000 rpm lx
    to nearly 200hp at 8000 rpm or higher what do ya'll think?
    Sandon Davis

Don't mess with the Sandman

This is up to you to decide. Building up an n/a motor seems to be more challanging. In the long run, you'll be paying much more for a 200hp n/a BP than a 200hp turbo BP.

Here's a very informative thread that you might find interesting:
    -------------------------
    '91 LX
    '03 Mazdaspeed Protege #235
    -------------------------

Originally posted by pigeon
    well if you're a fan of inaccuracy and uncertainty.... then by all means, go set your timing by feel and sound

while you're out there, you might as well adjust your air/fuel ratio by smell... and your tire pressure by ride height

Comment

Is it just me or have we covered this topic like 100 times?
      -Robert
      '93 Protege Turbo LX 5-speed

-GTX VJ-20 turbo w/ custom downpipe, Haltech E6K Kit w/ 3Bar MAP sensor & O2 sensor (Engine Management System), .040 overbored pistons with slightly raised compression, Resurfaced cylinder head & valve job, GReddy Type-S BOV, Turbo XS boost controller, 450cc injectors, Walbro 255lph fuel pump, 22"x9"x3" FMIC, full 3" exhaust w/ Catco Catylic converter & Summit Turbo Muffler, ACT Clutch Kit (stage 2), Uretheane shifter bushing, Triple Gauge Pod w/ Boost, Air/Fuel Ratio, and Oil Pressure gauges, Falken Azenis Sport 195/60HR14 tires on steelies.

Comment

Swap in the kl-ze motor and go na with that...Jon

Comment

Working...
        X