• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lookin to do a five lug hub swap

What all would i need to convert my 99 es 4lug setup to a 5lug setup
    And where i could find some of this stuff
    Thanks

actually i was wondering this myself. you plannin on converting to rear discs as well?
    What good is money if it can't inspire terror in your fellow man?

Comment

Yes rear discs are a must have

Comment

well im lookin into it, ill let you know what i find.
        What good is money if it can't inspire terror in your fellow man?

Comment

there is a guy in msprotege selling the entire swap, everything that is needed. here is the thread:
          Mazdas247 is an independent community featuring Discussion Forums, Classifieds and Resources for Mazda vehicles.

Comment

find a 01 and up ES(LX) or 02 and up pro5 and switch out everything you need.Wheel hub/bearing , rotors , calipers , lines , and dont forget the wheels.
            c+p>c<c+d1>c+p<m+d2>m<m+f>f<c+p>m<m+f>f<f+s1>c+p<c +s2>c<c+p>

2002 Mazda Protégé 5 , 5-speed , poly engine mounts , 4 to 1 header , JIC-Magic semi titanium cat back , custom CAI , Tokiko hp struts , Vogtland springs , Mazdaspeed sway-bar kit , Megan racing TTL's , Megan Racing trailing arms , pedders control arm bushings , corksport clutch line and shifter bushings , Tiger Tuning rear panel with V brace , Black sedan headlights with 6000k H.I.D.'s , M3 mirrors , Audio by Alpine , Kicker and just getting started.

Comment

Do you need to swap out the master cylinder and/or the brake propotioning valve as well?
              '99 ES MP3 suspension & exhaust, FS-ZE cams, Injen CAI, and a few more mods I won't admit at tech.-Gone to a good home.
              '07 3 S Sport

"Never let your ego outrun your contact patches."

Comment

Bumping this to get the last question answered. Mainly about the master cylinder; I think it's a given that the proportioning valve will need to be replaced.

The knuckles are all identical, right?

Comment

I did the swap recently. It was a straight bolt up. I still have to swap in the booster/master cylinder and proportioning valve. The brakes still work well. I am also installing the s/s braided Goodridge lines as well. I have noticed that the rear wheels have negative camber even after I took the car to the alignment shop. Is this normal?

To answer your question firelizard Yes you would need them. From my experience I am still using the stock booster/master cylinder and proportioning valve and although the brakes hold well the pedal still feels a bit low. Installing the correct ones should rectify this.
                  Last edited by TurboDrive; 09-24-2011, 10:33 PM.

Comment

Awesome, thanks. I just won a set of Mazdaspeed hubs and calipers on eBay, so I will tackle this swap once I can afford some 'ok' 5-lug wheels and tires.

Comment

Cool. just remember to get the correct rim offset for your install. Check the wheel fitment guide.

Comment

Originally posted by TurboDrive View Post
                        Cool. just remember to get the correct rim offset for your install. Check the wheel fitment guide.
                        lol

I think I'm good.

Comment

Originally posted by firelizard View Post
                          Awesome, thanks. I just won a set of Mazdaspeed hubs and calipers on eBay, so I will tackle this swap once I can afford some 'ok' 5-lug wheels and tires.

if not, lets see if it fits on the 2nd gen
                          | Ejaz | '98 Protegé | '02 Protegé5 |

Comment

Ok. Just an update. I found out the cause of my negative camber issue. It seems that the rear control arms on the sedan are a bit longer than that of the p5 (sport20). to correct this I will have to swap in the p5 ones (if I can find any at all) or buy the the megan racing adjustable rear arms (really expensive) or have the arms shortened (cut + join = safety issues. No Thanks.).

I'm gonna look around to see if anybody is scrapping one or have any lying around before I move on to the second option.

There is another cheaper option I have thought of and that is to install camber bolts. I think I will have this as my last option as I also have tire rubbing issues and prefer to have arms of the correct length to alleviate this.

Comment

megan arms go for around 250$~ for all four. that isnt really expensive.
                              | Ejaz | '98 Protegé | '02 Protegé5 |

Comment

Working...
                              X