Side gaped spark plugs.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Side gaped spark plugs.

You may or may not have seen this thread.

In there sarge talked about side gaped plugs. I did a little research.
    And came up with this.
    The Hartford, Wisconsin's 4x4 and Performance store on-line! Tons of great info, products, custom designs and thousands of incredible photo's...

After reading a few more discussions, and talking to a circle tracker. I decided to give to shot.
    The circle tracker guy said side gaping will cause the plug to "go bad" faster the normal.

I used NGK V-powers, I also have a Accell super stock coil and 8.5mm Plug Wires.

After pitting them in the car felt much more responsive, quicker starts, and pulled through the power band better. They ran great for about 600 to 900 hundred miles, but after that the car started to get bucky. And after 1,000 or so it would barley idle.

I puled them out and they still looked bran new.
    See.
    Cyl #1

Cyl #2

Cyl #3

Cyl #4

I guess the circle tracker guy was right, they can just "go bad".

I don't think I'll side gap any more plugs for the street but I might make up a set of the up coming autox season.

And that's my wright up thanks for lookin'

94 Protege LX: HX-35, Megasquit, ect...
    98 Subaru Legacy GT-DD: 1 inch lift, and all the standard N/A stuff.

interesting.
    ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
    he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

You get better combustion, but they wear out like a crazy ass mofo. Nice if yer a cheap ass with plugs though.

Me VBGarage HERE

"90% of young people that get into car accidents say "OH ****". The other 10% are from Wisconsin and say "Hold my beer and watch this!".

Comment

Working...
      X