Need To Lower My Ride

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need To Lower My Ride

I need to lower my ride, and i dont know much about suspension. So any tips will help. What do i need, and what would be the best brand.

May be you can just start with a set of lowering springs I got a set of Eibach springs with a 1 inch drop and let me say that it works great with the stock suspension, the stance is not too low and not too high and the ride quality is just perfect... good luck

Comment

i have tein s-techs with european spec struts, lower and stiffer, good upgrade, only thing is that my 17"s scrape ove bumps/dips/hard cornering cause its a bit low. but im hoping awr sway bars and end links combined with ft. and rear. strut tower braces will stiffen it up to the point where it doesnt scrape too bad on corners.
      What good is money if it can't inspire terror in your fellow man?

Comment

yeah, finally a post I can get rid of the 'Hello DeanSweetP5 it appears that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks, why not take a few moments to ask a question, help provide a solution or just engage in a conversation with another member in any one of our forums?" Message I get everytime I log in...

1st of all Curtis, your wheels aren't rubbing due to springs unless you cut some coils off of them to get it lower? They are rubbing due to wheel offset.

I highly recommend Eibachs Proline kit for lowering your car.
        I see you are currently located outside of the good 'ole USofA? Where do you call home? I can drop by and help you out if you are close to Southern Ohio. Otherwise do some searching on this or other BJ Mazda related pages to get your 'How To..' The only issue I can imagine would be your endlinks and this is really only a problem if you drive your car is the salt using states?

PM if you want to discuss more.

-Dean
        'I did nothing... I did absolutely nothing and it was everything I thought it could be!?'
        -Dean
        2003.5 Vivid Yellow Protege5

Mods:
        18" G-Racing Kirins - hyper black
        Eibach Pro-Line lowering springs
        MazdaSpeed Axelback Exhaust
        Injen CAI - Polished
        Tinted windows. Llumar 35front 2&hatch glass/25middle roll down glass/18backside4
        DaveB trim rings
        Painted Calipers - G2

Stereo:
        Alpine CVA-1005 - 6.5" LCD Reciever.
        Alpine DVA-5210 - DVD/WMA/CD/MP3 Player
        Alpine ERA-G320 - EQ/Surround processor.
        Kicker IX-405D 5 Channel Amp
        Kicker 12" L5's in bandpass enclosure (2 of them)
        Kicker K-57.2 Components up front
        Kicker K-65 in back.

Future Mods?

Turbo?

Comment

Originally posted by DeanSweetP5
          1st of all Curtis, your wheels aren't rubbing due to springs unless you cut some coils off of them to get it lower? They are rubbing due to wheel offset.

ahh, youre a good man dean
          What good is money if it can't inspire terror in your fellow man?

Comment

I have the Eibach Proline 1.8" Drop with KYB struts, I'm running 18"x7.5" wheels on my protege and no rubbing even when turning the wheel all the way in a parking lot or something, the ride is smooth until u get into a pothole area but then again no other car is smooth with potholes, but road cracks are nice and smooth too...I highly recommend these.

KLZE Straight Neck Swapped 2000 Protege ES

Comment

go with eibach!!!!
              DA KID YOUNG MIC

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/457390

Comment

hey thanks for all of the tips, i think im goin to throw the eibach lowering springs on my ride. Im currently in iraq, and cant wait to see how it sits when i put them on it. I would like some of yall to look at my car and tell me what yall think so far, and maybe thow some more tips my way.

Comment

sounds like a plan. let me know if you need help.
                  'I did nothing... I did absolutely nothing and it was everything I thought it could be!?'
                  -Dean
                  2003.5 Vivid Yellow Protege5

Mods:
                  18" G-Racing Kirins - hyper black
                  Eibach Pro-Line lowering springs
                  MazdaSpeed Axelback Exhaust
                  Injen CAI - Polished
                  Tinted windows. Llumar 35front 2&hatch glass/25middle roll down glass/18backside4
                  DaveB trim rings
                  Painted Calipers - G2

Stereo:
                  Alpine CVA-1005 - 6.5" LCD Reciever.
                  Alpine DVA-5210 - DVD/WMA/CD/MP3 Player
                  Alpine ERA-G320 - EQ/Surround processor.
                  Kicker IX-405D 5 Channel Amp
                  Kicker 12" L5's in bandpass enclosure (2 of them)
                  Kicker K-57.2 Components up front
                  Kicker K-65 in back.

Future Mods?

Turbo?

Comment

I have H & R on my protege. They handle okay with the stock struts and look good to me. Not slammed to the ground by any means. 1.3 " drop front and rear. You may need an alignment though. My front tires are wearing unevenly. Insides wearing faster.

Comment

i carry a pretty good assortment of suspension parts for the protege;

ProtegeGarage.com - Over 525 parts shipped WORLDWIDE for your Mazda Protege, Mazda3, Mazda5, Mazda6, MX-5 and Mazda RX-8
                      email :: Ken@mazda3online.com
                      Phone :: (847) 223-6890
                      Cell Phone :: (847) 736-1635

We Accept Visa, MasterCard, PayPal, Check and Money Order

CLICK HERE FOR BG CHASSIS CARBON FIBER HOODS

Comment

Working...
                      X