Anti-Sway Bars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anti-Sway Bars

I was looking at my rear suspension set up yesterday just because I was bored. I was looking at the anti-sway bar. I see the end links comign down from the struts, and then the sway bar connecting to those. I was wondering if getting new end links(adj.) and a new sway bar woudl one be just as easy as unbolting the end links of this sway bar and removing it all and bolting the new one on, or would it invlove taking anythign else apart? Also, would this and replacing the front sway bar and end links really affect my car much?

It doesnt roll too much in the corners and grips like crazy, I have Eibach ProKit Springs 1.8" drop, KYB GR2 Struts, Front Upper Strut Bar, and 215/35/ZR18 tires so it handles awesome already, just wondering if it would be a complete waste of money and if it would be a simple install on both front and rear sway bars. Oh yes btw, its a 2000 Protege 1.6L incase u needed to know.

KLZE Straight Neck Swapped 2000 Protege ES

The rear is very easy, just as you said out with the old in with the new. Good luck unblting the old endlinks though there ususally rusted together thats why we use new ones and cut the old.

The font is another matter entirely, you pretty much need to remove everything. People usually wont do the front if they can help it.

Replacing both would give you a more balanced car.

Comment

alright cool, oh and my end link right where they are mounted to the stut look almost like new hardware its so clean if thats where your talkign about for the endlink bolts that are usually rusted. Ok so if I do just rear will I still notice a difference? Front might be in the future if Find it too much of a pain.

KLZE Straight Neck Swapped 2000 Protege ES

Comment

Working...
      X