Power Issues I Think

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Power Issues I Think

My set up consists of a Odyssey Dry Cell Battery, Stinger fuse holder 100Amp fuse, stinger wiring, then a Stinger 5farad Capacitor, then a Apline MRV-F345 Amplifier. The amp is hooked to my JVC mp3/wma cd player, then 6 Alpine Type R 6"x9" speakers which were installed professionally somehow to two channels (channel 1/2) on the amp, then one 10" PowerBass sub is hooked to channels 3/4. Ok my capacitor isnt holding its voltage, sometimes when its workign right...it stays at 13-14v but when its having issues it drops to 7-8v and my amp shut off from underpowering. This problem occurs with the sub thumping away or jsut no bas and volume turned real low. Battery is sending out 13.2V according to my multimeter which i trust is right. So its not my battery. I was wonderign if anyone could help me figure this out.

some history of the setup tho..
    My car used to be the show car for Mobile Audio Concepts located in a city near me. He took out his old sub-woofer set up and amp. He hooked this ten to the amp that he ran his interior speakers off from before.

KLZE Straight Neck Swapped 2000 Protege ES

has the cap been disconnected? if so you have to recharge the cap
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2351990

Comment

Is this a new setup? if so it could be poor grounds. I've had bass cut out due to poor grounds.

As for the Cap. It most def. needs to be charged by the sounds of things.

Comment

Having 6 6x9 's hooked to 2 channels and one ten hooked to the other two could be a cause. If it were me I would remove two of the 6x9's put the rest of the 6x9's on a dedicated channel and get a mono amp to run the 10.
        c+p>c<c+d1>c+p<m+d2>m<m+f>f<c+p>m<m+f>f<f+s1>c+p<c +s2>c<c+p>

2002 Mazda Protégé 5 , 5-speed , poly engine mounts , 4 to 1 header , JIC-Magic semi titanium cat back , custom CAI , Tokiko hp struts , Vogtland springs , Mazdaspeed sway-bar kit , Megan racing TTL's , Megan Racing trailing arms , pedders control arm bushings , corksport clutch line and shifter bushings , Tiger Tuning rear panel with V brace , Black sedan headlights with 6000k H.I.D.'s , M3 mirrors , Audio by Alpine , Kicker and just getting started.

Comment

Working...
        X