forums newest member!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

forums newest member!

im now a member of the zoom zoom boom club as of 1:47 this morning (wednesday morning). i threw my #3 rod. destroying the entire 1/4 or the oil pan... its all missing...

this picture is looking at the front of the block over the turbo, that is the oil feed in the picture, and sunlight in the background

this is the back of the block under the intake manifold... its probably not visable but the oil filter has the crap beat out of it.

lonely car w/ no motor

this is below the turbo.

also damaged was my exhaust... dont know what happened to the picture... but my 3" exhaust is now about 1.5" wide where the connecting rod hit it repeatedly.
    There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.

=holy ****. you are like the 2nd or 3rd person to blow their engine today.
    Create your own VB Gallery here.

Please DONATE to keep our forum alive!

I've decided that my car is a girl, she's picky as hell, won't listen to me, always wants to fight me, and when i give her presents it's never good enough and she always wants more.

<-"Will be the death of this forum"

Comment

how much boost were you running? And what was your milage?
      hello 4g63 nice to meet you

Comment

i was actually at 10hg going down the freeway... the most i hit just prior to the event was about 5-8psi getting onto the freeway (i didnt really get into it). i was crusing at 70mph and i started smelling burning oil... i kept an eye on my gauges but though it was just the car ahead of me burning oil... untill i got just past him and i quickly realized the smell was me

i was in gear so for about 200ft or so (keeping in mind i was doing 70) the motor continued to spin and the rod still attached to the crankshaft acted as a rototiller and munched up my pan and block.

i actually have the replacement motor... the bottom end is reassembled, i put on my: gtx water pump, fresh gaskets, gtx windage tray, gtx oil pan (i had an extra for such an event ). hopefully ill have my head back by 5 tonight, it got sent to the machine shop for a shaved head, cleaning, and valve stem seal install.

then i have a rebuilt tranny to go with it.

the way its looking i just might have gotten my coilovers in the mail by the time its done and ill be able to install them

Comment

oh and milage... i dont know... the motor was already a junkyard motor. it was in AMAZING condition and for some reason 90kish miles sounds about right (on install) but it died (if the 90k was right) at about 120-130k.

ive been burning oil for some time (possibly turbo related, i did have trace amounts in the pipes) but the tow truck guy said he saw me working on it the the other day and he said when i revved it i puffed white smoke (headgasket) im sure it was just blue because i was cold (the motor i remembered when he was talking about)

the cylinder walls in the new motor still have the cross hatching on them... and supposadly the motor pulled 190psi accross the board... im SURE that was wet, but im stoked for a solid motor and a tranny i can catch 2nd in again

Comment

sorry to hear man ... although it sounds like you already had a plan for swapping the motor.

Any idea what killed it?

Comment

Damn man.

That must've sounded sweet.

Comment

no ideas on what killed it yet... i would like to get my motor running first... i really need your guys' wise help, i posted in the engine swap section, im having trouble starting it now with the new motor... it hydrolocks with too much fuel.

Comment

hydrolocking? uh, i think the better term would be flooding from too much fuel. if it's hydrolocked, then the pistons are locked in place in the cylinder wall and you shouldn't be able to start it again.

do you swap the injectors that you had on your old engine to your new one, or use the ones that came with the junkyard motor? check the fuel rail and make sure everything is hooked up and in place. sounds like one of the injectos is constantly open or something.
                  Create your own VB Gallery here.

Please DONATE to keep our forum alive!

I've decided that my car is a girl, she's picky as hell, won't listen to me, always wants to fight me, and when i give her presents it's never good enough and she always wants more.

<-"Will be the death of this forum"

Comment

Originally posted by FazdaBoy4ever
                    no ideas on what killed it yet... i would like to get my motor running first... i really need your guys' wise help, i posted in the engine swap section, im having trouble starting it now with the new motor... it hydrolocks with too much fuel.
                    How does it turn over by hand?

Comment

no it DOES hydrolock that is the right term. flooding just doesnt run... this will actually crank then lock and stop cranking aka hydrolock.

the thoughts are that my #3 injector is stuck open ive been told its probably caused by the injector driver in the pcm... i was thinking more like the injector failing but after hearing about the ecu im thinking more along the lines of that... which would cause the #3 cylinder to hydrolock. in my case it happened doing 3500rpms and to just 1 cylinder and if thats the case the pictures show you what it will do.

Comment

Try just unplugging Injector #3. The car will run fun without it, also try removing the Fuel Ign fuse from under the hood and just crank it, like you are doing a compression check.

Mexican: "You wanna race for titles?"
                        Mormon: "lol, no, I don't want your car."

Comment

Working...
                        X