changes to the for sale section rules.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

changes to the for sale section rules.

rules dave. wheres the paper with your screen name.
    1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
    1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
    2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
    2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
    .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

dave come on man. EVERYONE has to follow the rules.
    2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
    .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

Originally posted by turpro
      dave come on man. EVERYONE has to follow the rules.
      actually, i hate that rule. and after i talk to ryan, it's history. i think that if you are part of the staff or a seller who people know, it's a useless formality. if someone wants to sell **** when they have 10 posts, that's fine, make em do it to prove they have it. maybe we should discuss this further and refine the rule more appropriately so it only is a restriction to people who are new to selling, at least, until they have a decent feedback rating.
      Guess who's back, back again. cable's back.. tell a friend.

Comment

That is an excellent rule that helps to protect buyers from unscrupulous sellers. A buyer can actually see what they are buying to help cut down on bait and switch tactics. Obviously that kind of thing still happens, but at least the buyer has recourse if they have proof of the item purchased. Woe to the buyer that goes sight unseen.
        1991 Protege LX with GTX swap, DD
        1990 4WD Protege with GTX swap, Project/garage decoration
        2006 Mazda 3 with 2.3, Her car
        1980 Ford F100 Short bed with 300ci 6 cylinder, work truck/home for moss

Comment

that rule is effing stupid.

I said it when it was first implemented that it was stupid and should go.
          Eat ****.

Comment

i just posted a thread in the mod section b4 reading this.lol. well we can change some rules. let me know some of your sugestions.
            2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay

Comment

i wish i was admin so when i want to sell something, and im too lazy to write my name ona piece of paper i could just take out that rule alltoghether... lol

Comment

so, how about we had the rule altered to say all members with under 500 Posts MUST include a picture with their SN in the picture. Members above 500 Posts are Highly encouraged to add a picture with their screen name.

opinions?
                ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

that sounds good. but what about people who post whore? i guess i need to start post whoring or something if i want to sell some stuff.
                  Create your own VB Gallery here.

Please DONATE to keep our forum alive!

I've decided that my car is a girl, she's picky as hell, won't listen to me, always wants to fight me, and when i give her presents it's never good enough and she always wants more.

<-"Will be the death of this forum"

Comment

that change works..... dave get taking new pics lol

Comment

Don’t be so eager to give up your protections. Once gone, they usually don’t come back.

Good luck with that. Lol!
                      1991 Protege LX with GTX swap, DD
                      1990 4WD Protege with GTX swap, Project/garage decoration
                      2006 Mazda 3 with 2.3, Her car
                      1980 Ford F100 Short bed with 300ci 6 cylinder, work truck/home for moss

Comment

jesus. #1 im asking for suggestions.
                        #2. it doesn't remove the ability to post things for sale. & members above 500 or so posts are still hihgly encouraged to post a picture with the SN in it.
                        IDK i thoguth it was a safe way of selling in the first place. instead of me making the ideas, lets get some more input.
                        ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                        he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

wow...such a big deal over nothing.

Comment

maybe compare posts with the join date to determine if they are posts whores. i'll come up with a revised rules list and talk with the other admin and mods.
                            Last edited by Turpro; 05-14-2006, 05:26 PM.
                            2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay

Comment

my thoughts on this matter are that once the seller proves he actually ships the items he's selling, and has a track record of doing so within a reasonable time, such silly formailities are dismissed. i call for an ebay style feedback system from buyer and seller, or user reputation meter that's trackable by who's submitted comments, or restrict it to buyers and sellers.

sometimes, mistakes can be made, by both buyer, and by the seller... sometimes, even by the shipper... i'm not saying they cant. sometimes, those mistakes could be costly for everyone. i'm not saying those things could'nt be malicious either, but a track record would show if someone has a history of screwing people. or, on the flip side, show that a bad experience from one among many does'nt mean he's a ****ball even if it's the centerpeice of conversation for a week or month becuase of it. buyers can sometimes just be assholes too.. so feedback consistency protects the seller as well by providing a track record.

hence the reason for a feedback rating instead of an idiotic signed peice of paper. what does that really prove anyways? you can have a peice of paper all day long, and if yer not going to ship, it's useless. even though jon and i in particular had a fairly negative experience, it'd be one out of about 700+ things i've sold through this board. but to require people with a positive track record to do that sheet signing **** every time is crazy, and pointless..

even people that have made mistakes and had logistical issues, or grabbed the wrong item to ship when they sold 5 or six of items near indistinguishable from each other, need to be able to show they can groom a positive record, even if mistakes are made.. and disprove thoeries of active malicious sabotage by showing a history of not being prone to that type of game. and yes, i'm speaking of myself. before this container crap that got ****ed up beyond control, i had a positive rating, and i'm trying to regain that. personally... i wish i could find my old seller feedback thread now... now that i've started selling again a bit more, and have a new track record developing, i could use some updated feedback.
                              Guess who's back, back again. cable's back.. tell a friend.

Comment

Working...
                              X