start issue with new motor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

start issue with new motor

alright... well i got my new (to me) motor in tonight... i tried to start it up and it cranked cranked cranked stopped... it hydrolocked (or similar symptom whatever it may be) i pulled the plugs out and they were covered in gas then i cranked without the spark plugs in and it was raining fuel.

here is what i did

junkyard motor (claiming 190psi across the board pulled about 175 all dry tonight)

removed the head and brought it to a machine shop i had done
    -cleaning
    -shaved head
    -new valve stem seals

picked head up and installed with new gasket.

i used my fuel rail off my blown motor with my gtx injectors

i used my gtx intake manifold off my blown motor along with my throttle body (didnt separate)

on the bottom end i put
    -gtx water pump
    -gtx oil pan
    -gtx windage tray

im drawing a blank how i could be getting so much fuel in 5-7 cranks it locks up then every 2 cranks or so after that. i checked the timing and it was on, both mechanical and electrical. ultimately its too late to continue on tonight so i get to sleep another night without a car

also i noticed that i forgot the clip on the wastegate arm when i took the turbo off to port the wastegate... so hopefully ill be able to get it up in there but it looks like a long shot
    There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.

hmmm, well do you get spark?

Comment

sonicgroove had the same exact problem...
      My Toys =D

Comment

well on feoa my thoughts were confirmed... i was thinking something along the lines of a failing injector sticking open causing the cylinder to flood... which would explain my blown motor... 3500rpm down the freeway, 1 cylinder hydrolocking=kaboom... so on feoa i was suggested that maybe an injector driver shorted our inside the pcm causing the injector to stick open... so im going to try my stock ecu tomorrow. and see how it works.

Comment

btw im either looking for another bp26 ecu or an injector if any of you have one lying around.

Comment

hum... im at a loss. i have all the stock injectors in and the stock ecu plugged in, and its doing the same thing.

i was thinking maybe timing... how the cam gears have 2 possible spots to go on each cam. i marked where they went with a tire crayon so it doesnt make sence that they would be off. also when i set my timing belt i had the same exact symptoms with the cam gears as i did when i helped my buddy do his head gasket... the exhaust will just about sit right where it needs to be and the intake had to be turned back an 1/8 a turn or so, so i know my lobes are where they are supposed to be.

another thing it does is it like backfires a bit... after i get it to crank for a bit. my stupid neutral safety switch i cannot get nearly close enough to see what it is or where its comming from but i do get a puff of something it seams like it came from the pcv valve when i had the vaccuum line unplugged, also from my bov it seems like thats where it happened the first time, i just about have to be in my seat to get the stupid switch on.

^^ that is what would leave me to believe mechanical timing. but that still wouldnt explain the flooding. also would my compression numbers be contradicting being about 175 across the board if my mechanical timing was off?

Comment

Working...
            X