Turbo back exhaust?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turbo back exhaust?

what is it? I heard its a way to tune a turbo car what effect does it have on a turbo charged car?
    Sandon Davis

Don't mess with the Sandman

A turbo back exhaust means you replace the exhaust piping from the turbo back to the bumper. More power is found because of the loss of backpressure. I have one for sale right now for the Mazdaspeed.
    -Braden
    '05 WRX

GTX Groupbuy is Closed! However you can still pick up a GTX motor for only $925!!! PM me for order details!

Comment

I thought backpressure wasn't and issue with turboed cars?
      Dan
      dreesemonkey

Comment

You want next to no back pressure.

Comment

yea. The least amount of back pressure that you have on a turbo'd car the better off you are. On my old talon, i welded a pipe straight off the downpipe behind my front tire. In total I had like 8 feet of exhaust tubing rather than like 22 for a full exhaust. It was loud as all freaking hell tho. I got 3 tickets for it. But when I upgraded my turbo, I put a full exhaust on, then put it back to the custom exhaust, and you could feel the difference in power. It dynoed like 18 more hp I believe. I put down 310whp in that car! man I wish i could do that to my pro!!
          Eat ****.

Comment

Well it would be the exhaust from the Turbo back aka Turbo back exhaust

Comment

Originally posted by 91ProtegeLX
              yea. The least amount of back pressure that you have on a turbo'd car the better off you are. On my old talon, i welded a pipe straight off the downpipe behind my front tire. In total I had like 8 feet of exhaust tubing rather than like 22 for a full exhaust. It was loud as all freaking hell tho. I got 3 tickets for it. But when I upgraded my turbo, I put a full exhaust on, then put it back to the custom exhaust, and you could feel the difference in power. It dynoed like 18 more hp I believe. I put down 310whp in that car! man I wish i could do that to my pro!!
              You can! With a lot of money.
              -Robert
              '93 Protege Turbo LX 5-speed

-GTX VJ-20 turbo w/ custom downpipe, Haltech E6K Kit w/ 3Bar MAP sensor & O2 sensor (Engine Management System), .040 overbored pistons with slightly raised compression, Resurfaced cylinder head & valve job, GReddy Type-S BOV, Turbo XS boost controller, 450cc injectors, Walbro 255lph fuel pump, 22"x9"x3" FMIC, full 3" exhaust w/ Catco Catylic converter & Summit Turbo Muffler, ACT Clutch Kit (stage 2), Uretheane shifter bushing, Triple Gauge Pod w/ Boost, Air/Fuel Ratio, and Oil Pressure gauges, Falken Azenis Sport 195/60HR14 tires on steelies.

Comment

Working...
              X