What should I look out for

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What should I look out for

Hi all. I'm new here. I'm going to be purchasing a 2002 ES GT next week. I was wondering what are the known issues with the car that aren't common knowledge.
    I know it's a great car (it's why I'm buying it) but like everything else, I want to know what to tell my mechanic to pay close attention to when he's doing the pre-purchase inspection (it's my mechanic, not the dealer's).

I've read through a bit of the forums and saw stuff on clutch chatter.

Thanks.

fyi, located in GTA, canada.

ps. what's with two identical looking protege forums?
    (ie, clubprotege and protegeclub?)
    02 ES w/GT.
    Grounding kit.

I think the clutch chatter is really the only common problem on the 2.0 liter's.

I'd just have him check the usual stuff.

As for the identical forums, that's a long long story. But this forum has a new and different skin. I guess you're using the old one?
    '99 Protege ES

Mostly stock.

Comment

Thanks. I checked out all the recalls for the car and strangely enough, that wasn't even mentioned. weird.
      02 ES w/GT.
      Grounding kit.

Comment

GT? Oh right, canada
        <-why i can't fix my car

http://www.revtvguam.com
        AFwestPunk's AutoJam Imagestation photo album! You better have High speed internet!

Comment

Originally posted by Sylvestre
          Thanks. I checked out all the recalls for the car and strangely enough, that wasn't even mentioned. weird.
          There wasn't a full recall on the clutch chatter problem. But in most cases, if you take it to the dealership and complain that you're having the problem, they'll fix it for free.
          '99 Protege ES

Mostly stock.

Comment

Working...
          X