Any 1.6L SOHC guys Boosting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any 1.6L SOHC guys Boosting?

Just curious if the stock 1.6L SOHC engine is worth boosting? I was thinking a modest 4-5psi for reliability sake running an IHI RHB5 Turbo (probe/mx6 snail) with a front mounted "sidemount" IC and cutom piping/lines.

I need to know if ill have to upgrade my injectors/clutch/other fuel management issues to run this setup. This is a winter car so naturally the budget is very small, id like to keep it around 1000$ Canadian if at all possible since all parts will either be fabbed or from a junkyard.

Thanks.

why dont you look into swapping a B6T(323 GTX)?? same engine, only DOHC and already boosted. there are a bunch of 323 GTX's in MTL
    When you turn your car on... does it return the favor?

Originally posted by goldstar
    Yes, still have it. It was my attempt to immortalize you in verse.

A Protege driver named Brock
    Once said 7 seconds he'd clock.
    So his engine he goosed
    With much too much boost,
    And drove a rod through his block.

Comment

MAYBE one day i will boost it, its so damn hard to find anything for our cars in Croatia. I never saw a 1.8 protege or a 323 gtx here, this tells you the situation, is baaad!
      can someone send me a BPT?
      One day you are born,
      The next big milestone
      you discover go zoom-zoom
      you can't get enough!

Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and bitch-slap that mother@#?!&! upside the head!!!

This car refuses to die! By TheMAN

Comment

Originally posted by Protoss
        why dont you look into swapping a B6T(323 GTX)?? same engine, only DOHC and already boosted. there are a bunch of 323 GTX's in MTL
        Well it did cross my mind, but my current engine, despite having 250kms on it, runs like its brand new, Mazda can *really* build an engine.

Lets say I consider the swap (I looked into this last night) I have some additional questions.

1) Is the B6T easier or harder to swap then a BP?

2) How much are BP's going for compared to B6T's?

3) Anything else I should know regarding the swaps.

See Im not looking for big HP, 125hp NA would be nice, no lag, I dont have to use premium gas and its reliable, and the B6T sounds like a more expensive swap.

Comment

Working...
        X