Rallycross, June 2-4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rallycross, June 2-4

June 2-4 at the Fowlerville Fairgrounds, in Fowlerville, Mich.

I entered the Protege in front drive stock class.

Anyone in going?

So I went out for race #1 in Fowlerville MI this weekend. It was a blast. We got to use the fowlerville fair ground horse track, and it made for just over a minute run.

I am running the 1.8L automatic Protoscort DX in Rally Stock Front Wheel Drive Class (RSF)

The runs were scored by adding every run up from both days including all cones from both days. I had 8 cones for the weekend at 2 sec a cone.

Saturday we got 6 runs on the morning and were susposed to get 5 runs in the afternoon, but a short thunderstorm cut it short to 2 counted runs (I was early in the run group and got an extra run that did not count) On my 3rd run of the day I cought a cone that flipped up and ripped my driver side rear brake line out..... Found that out as I was heading into a box WOT in first gear on the rev limiter..... Gotta love dirt as counter steering kills lots of speed. Got back to the line and grabed vice grips and crimped down the rear line. On my 4th run I set down my fastest time of the morning and tied for fast time of day. Brakes are so over rated. I was in the lead after the morning, but had it taken from me in the afternoon. Turns out my "rivel" is someone I race in Detroit in the STS class. He runs a Neon there in STS and was running a Caviler in stock class for rally. (He beat me by 2 spots at the last autox)

Sunday was 4 runs in the morning and 2 runs in the afternoon... running the track in reverse. I took the lead in the morning and never looked back...

I won the class and was 11th fastest overall. Now I have the points lead for the series and have decided to run 3 out of the 4 remaining races. Next race #2 is in California... Too far and not going. Then it is Orange county Virgina for race #3. Race # 4 will be in Lebanon Tennessee, and the season final will be in Hastings Nebraska.

Lets see if I can take home the 2006 SCCA Rallycross National title for Stock FWD.....2000 miles of driving to reach these 3 races.

Results: http://www.scca.org/garage/forum/upl...6_Scoring1.pdf

My home or the weekend... Worked great for saturdays couple of rain storms!

On grid Saturday morning

Couple of the big doggs. The 323 was the fastest of the weekend, and great fun to watch.

Each lug net was about 10 feet from each other on the track..

The caliper is still mounted... and the rotor came off...

This car was from Connecticut. Clutch swap Saturday night in about 3.5 hours.

Comment

wow...awesome pics...looks like a BLAST

nice fast repairs...and interesting to see that the lugnuts are so evenly spaced between the falloff...

Comment

Working...
      X