Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2000 Protege R-Rear Speaker Prob

Hey guys,

Ever since I went to Just Brakes to get my brakes worked on my right rear speaker no longer plays. Every so often when I accelerate or brake some static comes from it. I have checked the back of the radio and near the speaker itself for loose connections..but no luck.

My question is, is their anything Just Brakes could have done like pinch a wire or such to cause this? Have you guys ever heard of this?

Oh well .. thx for your help

chances are no. but who knows prob just a coincidence and the speaker blew. take your left speaker move it over to the right and see if it plays if it does the speaker is done. and onto more important subjects. do not go to just brakes. maybe they are diff in florida. but so many time at my old shop in dallas we would have people come in with brake problems who had just been to just brakes like a month early everything from loose bleeders to loose slide pins or even missing slide pins. pads installed wrong well you get the idea.
    mods: engine: fm stroker lightened and knifedged crank, 11:1, custom crank scraper, fully p&p head and intake mani, bored throttle body, flowed and matched stock injectors, rx7 vaf, apexi safc, gude race cams, modded ecu 8200 fuel cutoff, blaster coil, clutchmasters stage 3 clutch, fidanza fly wheel and timeing gears, msp diff, custom shortram in a cold air box

suspension: s/r struts intrack springs and intrax sway bars 15x6.5 rims kumho mx tires 205 50 r 15

Comment

Ive had my right speaker just stop working on me.

Traced the whole wire path with a multimeter no problems. I just replaced the front speakers, everythings fine now.

Comment

Working...
      X