New Front End

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Front End

well i had been having a tranny/brake problem that is finally being resolved, the problem was the rotors were terribly warped so that they were in constant contact with the pads and the clutch had gone to **** and the tranny was ****ed so that it couldnt hold 4th gear and made some terrible noise in all gears except 3rd. So today i took it to the best high performance front drive import shop in the area and had new rotors/pads and a new clutch assembly installed as well as some less than legal non carb tuning. heres a warning to everyone else, do not order a clutch from gripforce clutches on EBAY they sent a clutch for a nissan or toyota or something that was advertised as a 1.6L DOHC clutch for a 1995 MX3. oh yeah and for those who doubt the 1.6L DOHC B6 motor, here is some wonderful news, SCI motorsports recently built and installed a turbo kit with something like a T70 turbo on MX3 that is now making 490whp on the B6 stock block!!! hows that!!! they made 550whp on the BP motor with the same setup!!

Originally posted by tunerguy
    well i had been having a tranny/brake problem that is finally being resolved, the problem was the rotors were terribly warped so that they were in constant contact with the pads and the clutch had gone to **** and the tranny was ****ed so that it couldnt hold 4th gear and made some terrible noise in all gears except 3rd. So today i took it to the best high performance front drive import shop in the area and had new rotors/pads and a new clutch assembly installed as well as some less than legal non carb tuning. heres a warning to everyone else, do not order a clutch from gripforce clutches on EBAY they sent a clutch for a nissan or toyota or something that was advertised as a 1.6L DOHC clutch for a 1995 MX3. oh yeah and for those who doubt the 1.6L DOHC B6 motor, here is some wonderful news, SCI motorsports recently built and installed a turbo kit with something like a T70 turbo on MX3 that is now making 490whp on the B6 stock block!!! hows that!!! they made 550whp on the BP motor with the same setup!!
    link or pics? would like to see if it's true or not.
    Create your own VB Gallery here.

Please DONATE to keep our forum alive!

I've decided that my car is a girl, she's picky as hell, won't listen to me, always wants to fight me, and when i give her presents it's never good enough and she always wants more.

<-"Will be the death of this forum"

Comment

they might have some pics on texas racers.com under SCI motorsports, but idk if they have them, but chad told me and he is the man!!! wel today the car **** it self, the tranny is stuck in 3rd gear and chad is trying to find me a new tranny

Comment

well all is well now in the MX3 front end, except the lack of power from the B6, the new tranny was at 50k mi and i got it for $189, installed with new clutch, rotors, and pads along with EGR tube removal only $600, everything included!! my old tranny had teeth missing all over and the main shaft was uhhhhh i cant even describe it, well it looked like one we pulled out yesterday, it came from a 05' RSX type-s turbo, FUBAR we actually compared them and mine looked worse!!! I would recommend SCI motorwerks to anyone in the SA area!!

Comment

Hmm, You are down around Racing Mazda too.... They are doing real good with stuff...

Mexican: "You wanna race for titles?"
          Mormon: "lol, no, I don't want your car."

Comment

Working...
          X