This is why I hate cats......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is why I hate cats......

My kid and I gutted the interior on the '92 lx I just bought, washed everything; seats, console, carpet. Reason?? Cat spray. The previous owner loves cats, so everything smells like a cat box. You shoulda been in the guys house, damn it was rank. We got everything outta the car, it was smelling good, when I turned on the vent motor, just for the F*&% of it. Guess what, It emitted the most terrible cat spray smell of all!
    Now what? How do I get the vent system cleaned out without tearing it apart?????
    Current-'08 MZ3 Hatch auto, '04 MZ3 Hatch 5-spd, '03 Pro-Lx 5 spd,
    '56 VW Cal Ragtop
    www.cardomain.com/ride/2285117/1

Baking soda?

Comment

fabreeze the **** out of it.
      The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

HA HA-Febreze!! I found a large bottle of it today, went out to the car and was pouring it into the vent when the kid comes running out screaming; "THat's NOT Febreze!!!" My wife had taken the empty bottle and filled it with Downy fabric softener. So now the car has that soft fresh smell to it..
        Current-'08 MZ3 Hatch auto, '04 MZ3 Hatch 5-spd, '03 Pro-Lx 5 spd,
        '56 VW Cal Ragtop
        www.cardomain.com/ride/2285117/1

Comment

hmm. Downy!!
          Past: 1994 White Protege DX ~DEAD~

Current: 05' Onyx Black Mazda 6 'S' ~Bone Stock~

Originally posted by TheMAN
          you MUST keep in mind the 2nd gen is the bastard child of the proteges...

Comment

Hmmm... seems like a reason to hate the owner of the cats, not the cats themselves. They don't know anybetter, just like your kid didn't know any better than to **** himself for the first 2 years of his life.

Cats that are taken care of don't cause a mess.

"Mazderati"
            91 LX DOHC 5 speed V8 stocker
            Pioneer DEH-550MP, Infinity 6002i's, Pioneer 6x9s
            Uniden PC76XL w/ Astatic Road Devil & 5' Wilson Silverload

1982 Jeep Wagoneer Brougham
            AMC 360 V8, 4-speed, 4x4

Comment

LOL u were pouring downy down the vent? God that must of been funny to see

Comment

there is something very nice and toxic called a/c fogger.. basically, a small 5 oz can of this nasty, staining fluid, that fumegates (completely snuffs out bad smells) .. worked remarkably well and left a nice vanilla scent behind. the ideal thing is to set the sucker under the passenger's side of the dash and cover the floor in newspaper, eitherwise your carpet will get stained with yellow ****. they sell the crap at pepboys for under 10 a can and can get rid of any smells you can fathom. good luck
                peace

Comment

or you can take the time and remove your dash, wash the vents with dish soap, replace your heating core, and clean out the crap that has colected in your car... sure it will take a weekend, but it will almost double the lifeline of the interior in the car.
                  When you turn your car on... does it return the favor?

Originally posted by goldstar
                  Yes, still have it. It was my attempt to immortalize you in verse.

A Protege driver named Brock
                  Once said 7 seconds he'd clock.
                  So his engine he goosed
                  With much too much boost,
                  And drove a rod through his block.

Comment

my mom went to a car wash once and they actually put her choice of like 10 scents into her vents (that rhymes) she got babypowder tho. it stunk for a long time. id like mabye a nice vanilla smell or apple mabye.

OR

Serenity's Dead.

Comment

what i found works really good for an air freshener/deodorizor, alright this is gonna sound dumb but trust me i do it all the time. Ok, go to the nearest denny's resturant and go into the bathroom, once your inside look up towards the top of the walls and somewhere in there will be a little cream colored " fresh box" if you reach around the right side you will feel a tab of some sort, pull it open and there will be a can of cherry(industrial strength) deodorizor. put it in your pocket and be out that bitch. two squirts a week in the pro, and it smells like bomb cherry's all the way!
                      ZOOM~ZOOM~

Comment

WTF?! HAHAHAHA!
                        My ClubProtege.com Feedback Thread

MOSI Race Dynamics
                        - Aftermarket Parts Sales & Services MOSI Race Dynamics Feedback Thread

Comment

****ing awesome, i'm going to denny's tonight, just for that...

mmh, chemical cherry car smell
                          justin
                          Protege - 1993 - White - LX - AT - 170k miles
                          installed--- Glass Sunroof, ZX2 S\R struts, Eibachs, custom intake, mp3 headunit, Enkei RS6 16" wheels

Comment

im tellin you man its pretty awsome, just make sure you dont get the nasty ass lemon spray, trust me
                            ZOOM~ZOOM~

Comment

Ah yes, the lemon spray of death. I stole that one time. It was used only in bathroom emergencies at my apt.
                              Jesse Edgar ( Civic Del Slow )

www.bedlamemotion.com

Comment

Working...
                              X