Waterford Story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Waterford Story

My first open track day was some of the most fun I have had ever....

I got an hour and 15 minutes of track time. I had to skip the last 15 min session due to boiled brake fluid. I came in and had to re-grid to restart the last sesion, sitting for a few minutes stoped and they were gone my first lap back out. Waterford was made for my scort, 2nd and 3rd gear all day......Even got it to over 80 mph on the back stright. Hill top turn was the most fun as the tires lightened up when you crested and were shifting to 3rd.... Big Ben was a mental turn, as I know the caar could have went a little faster...At the end of the stright are 3 yellow braking point signs on the wall to the left, it was fun to pass the first one and just before the second slam on the brakes for the turn.

First run I started in the novice group and passed everyone. Second run I was stuck behind a 240 SX who had NO clue how to drive.... or point to let me pass. I about passed him on the wrong side a few times by accident cus I could not "coast" behind him that slow.... So I went to the tower and asked to get out of that group. They put me up 2 groups to the "red" group.... (run order... green, blue, red, yellow, white) I still passed most the cars there and was wishing for a few more ponies following an Evo.

My friend Mark and his girl Sarah came up to hang out. They both got to ride with me for 15 min sessions.

There were 3 Elisees, lots of Vettes, and Porsches, a Farrari 308, Lotus 7 and even a Nobel.

Saw a vette go off the end of the stright and get all 4 into the dirt... that was cool.... I passed a lot more cars than passed me.

The scort ran great, was very neutral in the turns. I can't wait till Grattan June 26.....

Near the end of the day a sweet Steeda Mustang went left into the wall at the end of the stright... Looked kinda bad.

This weekend the Protege goes out to Fowlerville Fairgrounds for a 2 day rallycross

I am in the top left

Going out for the last session.

A few more laps and they would have cought me.

Mark took this sweet pic of us going thru the esses

The Falken 615's are fantastic

The Stang......
Working...
X