GTX, GTR and B6T ConRods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GTX, GTR and B6T ConRods

Just took some photos to show the comparison between B6T and BPD Rods......Both are way way stronger than stock BPT Rods and both bolt straight in no problems.

First pic is my Weico Piston / GTR Rod Combo. THe last Pic shows B6T, BPT and BPD Conrdods. The GTR (BPD) Rods are the ones with white stripe painted on.

Enjoy the pics:

1987 Ford Laser TX3 4WD with BPT FWD LSD
    GT2876R, Turbosmart Ultragate, Weisco Forged Pistons, GTR Conrods, Race Flowed Head, HPC Tube Manifold, GTR Plenum, 550cc RX7 Injectors, Custom Fuel Rail, Infini LSD Diff, Straight Cut PAR 3rd Gear, FMIC, 4" Intake etc.
    320HP at 24psi Pump Fuel & 12.5 @ 122mph Street Tyres

NICE!..i also have the B6T rods in my 323...cant wait to fire it up and see how much power i can make

Comment

Originally posted by SPENONE
      NICE!..i also have the B6T rods in my 323...cant wait to fire it up and see how much power i can make
      A guy with a GTR in England told me they could go to 300 hp.

Comment

my gtr rods can handle more than that !!! buy em please
        ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
        he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Originally posted by bpt323
          my gtr rods can handle more than that !!! buy em please
          Yup, GTR rods are the ticket...

Comment

Stock BP rods can take 300hp.....im pretty sure B6T's are good for 320-340

Comment

Originally posted by SPENONE
              Stock BP rods can take 300hp.....im pretty sure B6T's are good for 320-340
              Yeah that's what I always thought too... they're almost as fat as GTRs. I think the guy that told me they were good for 300 was a little conservative (or playing it safe)

Comment

GTR rods for the win
                ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

Comment

Originally posted by bpt323
                  GTR rods for the win
                  +1

bpt are the same as a bp rod. good to 300whp
                  b6t is probly good to 350whp if the wrist ring side has no flaws.
                  gtr is golden! i will tell you in hte next year what kind of pwoer they will hold.

NEUMAN

Comment

Ya, only flaw in B6t rods are the wrist ring with get hairline cracks, and then BOOM, they explode...

Mexican: "You wanna race for titles?"
                    Mormon: "lol, no, I don't want your car."

Comment

wow, i guess i really lucked out and got the GTR rods instead of getting the b6t rods. good pics quicksliver.
                      Create your own VB Gallery here.

Please DONATE to keep our forum alive!

I've decided that my car is a girl, she's picky as hell, won't listen to me, always wants to fight me, and when i give her presents it's never good enough and she always wants more.

<-"Will be the death of this forum"

Comment

So it seems that the concensus is that the GTR rods hold around 400+ hp ... what about carillo forged rods for the BP? 600hp? 800hp?

Comment

GTR Rods handle heaps for a street driven car. The GTX Rods are just utter **** and don't hold nothing. B6T are pretty damn strong thoug.

In the pics there is one set normal B6T, Shot-peened B6T and GTR.

Hopeing the combination of 40 thou Weisco Forgies and GTR rods will be a Good one. Other than that I'll just flow out the head, fit a metal head gasket and do all the bearings and seals. See how that goes with all my bolt ons at 20 whatever psi.
                          1987 Ford Laser TX3 4WD with BPT FWD LSD
                          GT2876R, Turbosmart Ultragate, Weisco Forged Pistons, GTR Conrods, Race Flowed Head, HPC Tube Manifold, GTR Plenum, 550cc RX7 Injectors, Custom Fuel Rail, Infini LSD Diff, Straight Cut PAR 3rd Gear, FMIC, 4" Intake etc.
                          320HP at 24psi Pump Fuel & 12.5 @ 122mph Street Tyres

Comment

well, i've read at different places, and all said the same thing. GTR rods are good to 500+ (don't know for sure how much over) horsepower. even 400 would be enough in our little cars.
                            Create your own VB Gallery here.

Please DONATE to keep our forum alive!

I've decided that my car is a girl, she's picky as hell, won't listen to me, always wants to fight me, and when i give her presents it's never good enough and she always wants more.

<-"Will be the death of this forum"

Comment

carrillo rods are rated @~100 Hp per cylinder @ least the A beams are

Comment

Working...
                              X