what the "THUMP"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what the "THUMP"

Well i just put in two 10" polk audio subs not the new polk momo series but the old school ones, they are all black with like a little swirlie in the middle, they look real innocent but when hooked up to my MA audio 800watt amp, with this setup tuned on my Kenwood 5028 deck my system f*ckin pounds, i beat out my buddy with his 2 12's it was sick, I have a 95MX3 and this setup is more than enough, anyone considering 12's just pick up some good 10's instead, pics soon!!!! what is the best settings for the gain in a hatch with plent of power
    Last edited by tunerguy; 06-07-2006, 02:19 AM.

Face the subs toward the rear of the vehicle and lots of sound dampining.

Comment

Yeah yeah for sure on the sound dampening... My trunk is breaking because of not having it... I will prolly post some pics.

As far as 2 10's vs 1 12" goes I would just go with the one 12" saves you some money and itll be just about as loud when matched with the right box and power, hell it might even be louder... but the difference might not be really that noticable unless shown on a meter... I may be wrong I just remember hearing something about this... oh well, for I am off to sleep... I stay up wayyy to late.
      The Car:
      2003 Mazda Protege 5
      - Injen Intake
      - Meagn Racing Cat-Back
      - 17" Enkei EVO 5's
      - More Goodies to come....
      ----------------------------------------------------------------------
      The System:
      Head: Pioneer DEH-P6000
      Components: Infinity Kappa 680.7CS
      Amp: Kenwood KAC-5203
      -
      Sub: RE Audio XXX 15"
      Box: Custom built 4.4cu. ft. Tuned to 27Hz
      Amp: HiFonics Brutus BXi 1606
      ----------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

hmmm well my friend has 2 10's in his lexus and he has to keep his amp at 50% because otherwise too much. and his whole car is dynamatted. amazing what a custom box designed for the exact acoustics of a car does.
        mods: engine: fm stroker lightened and knifedged crank, 11:1, custom crank scraper, fully p&p head and intake mani, bored throttle body, flowed and matched stock injectors, rx7 vaf, apexi safc, gude race cams, modded ecu 8200 fuel cutoff, blaster coil, clutchmasters stage 3 clutch, fidanza fly wheel and timeing gears, msp diff, custom shortram in a cold air box

suspension: s/r struts intrack springs and intrax sway bars 15x6.5 rims kumho mx tires 205 50 r 15

Comment

Different cars sound different. A hatchback such as the MX3 or the Honda CRX is the ideal bass-machine. Face the subs upwards in the hatch or facing toward the rear glass and you will get the optimum bass.

I'm running 2 8"s in my Protege5 and its enough bass to fool the average listener. The real key is to give your subs adequet power and make sure the bass makes it into the cabin (not a problem for hatches though).

Comment

Working...
          X