smoked an Si CRX today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

smoked an Si CRX today

Today on my way to work, some little **** head kid in full body kit crx wanted to show off for his girly and tried racing the pro. Don't think so. I smoked him. A guy at work says that the crx should've walked all over me though and he's knows for a fact that the car is stock other than an AEM intake. What you guys think. Keep in mind I have a modded DX i.e. miata pistons, a bit of head work, and management goodies.
    I found out how to beat a Honda! Just about anyway you can think of. Even in reverse. <- my buddy Mike: Haha, your Civic is a pile of vtech crap! Zoom-Zoom!

Well, CRX si's are quick, but the HF is SLOW as balls. Maybe it was a HF?

Good kill though.
    Dan
    dreesemonkey

Comment

the guy at work doesn't know cars.. or know anything about your mods.
      photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

yeah man there is too many kids running around with si badges, and type r badges, it prolly was a hx. good kill man.
        .....HELLO MY NAME IS BEN...

186.08whp
        225.94wtq
        torque monster!!!!
        dyno graph 8-10-and 12psi
        http://www.msprotege.com/members/THE...no%20graph.jpg
        http://videos.streetfire.net/player....0-C19CA06AF01E dyno vid

blahblahblahblahblahblah

Comment

good kill

Comment

the Si would of killed u badly 115 hp in a 2000 lb car cant beat it
            i is dumb

Comment

Well, I don't know but my car has more than 115,and I've shaved quite of weight.

1798 lbs according to the scale at our local scrap yard. High compression miata pistons with overbore, full p+p on head, intake and exhaust manifolds, prm intake, 2.5 mandrel bent exhaust from manifold back with buddy club muffler. Venom 400, S-AFC, nology wires and coil, msd box, level then torque converter. there's more and I know it doesn't add up to a whole lot but I don't he'd walk me. I do know it's an Si, and the kit is tastefull, but I don't like kits very much.
              I found out how to beat a Honda! Just about anyway you can think of. Even in reverse. <- my buddy Mike: Haha, your Civic is a pile of vtech crap! Zoom-Zoom!

Comment

well maybe but i cant really say for sure u could of won wuts ur car run in Quarter
                i is dumb

Comment

Your car does NOT weigh 1800 lbs. hahaha..
                  "Never run out of real estate, traction & ideas at the same time"
                  -93 MR2, 129 ES
                  ClubProtege.com Tech Articles

Originally posted by WTF
                  Remember low compression makes more space for AIR, HEEELLOOOO!

Comment

Originally posted by skr33t_rac3r
                    well maybe but i cant really say for sure u could of won wuts ur car run in Quarter

"u" is not a word.
                    "wuts" is not a word.
                    "ur" is not a word.

The world's leading online dictionary: English definitions, synonyms, word origins, example sentences, word games, and more. A trusted authority for 25+ years!

and use some damn punctuation, like question marks and periods.
                    -93 MR2, 129 ES

Originally posted by WTF

Comment

CRX Si's arn't that quick. If your car has all of those mods I'm not surprised that you beat him. And yeah... your car does not weigh 1800 lbs.
                      -Robert
                      '93 Protege Turbo LX 5-speed

-GTX VJ-20 turbo w/ custom downpipe, Haltech E6K Kit w/ 3Bar MAP sensor & O2 sensor (Engine Management System), .040 overbored pistons with slightly raised compression, Resurfaced cylinder head & valve job, GReddy Type-S BOV, Turbo XS boost controller, 450cc injectors, Walbro 255lph fuel pump, 22"x9"x3" FMIC, full 3" exhaust w/ Catco Catylic converter & Summit Turbo Muffler, ACT Clutch Kit (stage 2), Uretheane shifter bushing, Triple Gauge Pod w/ Boost, Air/Fuel Ratio, and Oil Pressure gauges, Falken Azenis Sport 195/60HR14 tires on steelies.

Comment

I'm not trying to piss anyone off, but with the little bit of information that I've provided, some of you act like you know my car, have read the scale, have done the mods, and have built my motor. I know most are very educated as far as our cars and cars in general, but you can't know all. I come here so seek help, and to see what others are up to, not to argue. By the way, contact aim tuning and ask them about my protege. They have been very helpful in finding ways to cut weight, stiffen the structure, and to find qualified engine builders who know our cars. www.aimtuning.com

Comment

Is your car a protege or 323? I also agree that 1800lbs sounds real light. Festiva's weight 1800, keep that in mind. You would have to cut A LOT of material out, completely gut the interior and dash, add lexan windows, etc to make a pro creep up on the ton mark.

Side note, anyone know what did Darryl and Braden shave the turboge (1st gen) down to when they gutted it???

Stock protege's weigh around between 2400-2650 depending on the options and trim level. 323s are approximately 2100-2250 lbs. As you can see that's A LOT of weight to be taking out of the cars.

I just think that the scale at they JY is off by 10-20%. We're not busting on you, it's just highly unprobable that you could safely shave that much weight from a pro/323 without MAJOR modifications (like the lexan windows).
                          Dan
                          dreesemonkey

Comment

there is no way your car weighs under 2000 lbs.

The interior by itself weighs 238 lbs, including dash and the insulation behind the dash, and passenger seat (not including drivers). The trunk and hood supportive material might shave another 20 TOPS off. Removing spare, jack and trunk trim might shave another 50 or so at the most.

So...that adds up to no more than 350ish lbs....The only way you could've made your car 1800 lbs is if you took a hacksaw to the roof, rear end and removed the fenders, window glass and **** like that.
                            93' Noble Green MX-ZE (sold )
                            02' Graphite Grey WRX Stage 4, 286whp
                            05' Pontiac Vibe daily driver, lowered/tinted/rims

Comment

Originally posted by ImportDragn311
                              I'm not trying to piss anyone off, but with the little bit of information that I've provided, some of you act like you know my car, have read the scale, have done the mods, and have built my motor. I know most are very educated as far as our cars and cars in general, but you can't know all. I come here so seek help, and to see what others are up to, not to argue. By the way, contact aim tuning and ask them about my protege. They have been very helpful in finding ways to cut weight, stiffen the structure, and to find qualified engine builders who know our cars. www.aimtuning.com

There's just no way to pull out 700 lbs of stuff without cutting major sections of sheetmetal. quite simple.
                              -93 MR2, 129 ES

Originally posted by WTF

Comment

Working...
                              X