exhaust question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

exhaust question

ok, first off. Hi. ok now that thats out of the way. I have an 01 ZX2, and i've been looking into putting 2 1/4 on to open it up alittle. the thing is i don't want it to sound like a pissed off weed eater. so what kind of mufler would you guys recomend.

thanks Matt.

don't go with the ebay special. i went that route and it sounds like crap. you can try and go with a flow master or something. thats what i want to do. are you gonna put a resonator in the exhaust system? cuz that can cut down on the high pitches that makes some exhaust systems sound like crap.
    Create your own VB Gallery here.

Please DONATE to keep our forum alive!

I've decided that my car is a girl, she's picky as hell, won't listen to me, always wants to fight me, and when i give her presents it's never good enough and she always wants more.

<-"Will be the death of this forum"

Comment

magnaflow is pretty good - just go with an actual legit brand name (and not cherry bomb)

Comment

LOL^^ making fun of someone in the forums? hehe..

I dont know if pacesetter still makes that cat-back exhauast or not, but they sound alright and is not ricey looking.. the thing is that they rust like ****.. You could take care of that coating it with high temp. paint.
        Past: 1994 White Protege DX ~DEAD~

Current: 05' Onyx Black Mazda 6 'S' ~Bone Stock~

Originally posted by TheMAN
        you MUST keep in mind the 2nd gen is the bastard child of the proteges...

Comment

Welcome to Club Protege Matt.

I have a magnaflow muffler on my car, and it sounds good. Just make sure that you use a resonator, or it will be raspy as hell.

Comment

yeah, definitely the resonator, and make sure your cat is good too. i have no resonator and no cat and ebay special muffler with 2.25 piping. dave heard my exhaust over the phone and said i had a honda ricer exhaust.
            Create your own VB Gallery here.

Please DONATE to keep our forum alive!

I've decided that my car is a girl, she's picky as hell, won't listen to me, always wants to fight me, and when i give her presents it's never good enough and she always wants more.

<-"Will be the death of this forum"

Comment

14 inch resonator and 5 by 8 offest muffler from magna flow. 2.5 inch core on the resonator with 2.25 inlet outlet. the setec can sound really nice if done right.
              mods: engine: fm stroker lightened and knifedged crank, 11:1, custom crank scraper, fully p&p head and intake mani, bored throttle body, flowed and matched stock injectors, rx7 vaf, apexi safc, gude race cams, modded ecu 8200 fuel cutoff, blaster coil, clutchmasters stage 3 clutch, fidanza fly wheel and timeing gears, msp diff, custom shortram in a cold air box

suspension: s/r struts intrack springs and intrax sway bars 15x6.5 rims kumho mx tires 205 50 r 15

Comment

Originally posted by deadly_sleeper
                yeah, definitely the resonator, and make sure your cat is good too. i have no resonator and no cat and ebay special muffler with 2.25 piping. dave heard my exhaust over the phone and said i had a honda ricer exhaust.
                Yeah, I have to get a cat, and a different resonator, and mine will sound nice.

Comment

carsound cat magna flow resonator and muffler. sounds nice. only time it gets buzzy is in the 3500 to 4200 range.
                  mods: engine: fm stroker lightened and knifedged crank, 11:1, custom crank scraper, fully p&p head and intake mani, bored throttle body, flowed and matched stock injectors, rx7 vaf, apexi safc, gude race cams, modded ecu 8200 fuel cutoff, blaster coil, clutchmasters stage 3 clutch, fidanza fly wheel and timeing gears, msp diff, custom shortram in a cold air box

suspension: s/r struts intrack springs and intrax sway bars 15x6.5 rims kumho mx tires 205 50 r 15

Comment

I've got the full pacesetter system 2.5" front to rear, high flow cat and left out the resonator and I think it sounds good. If I can figure out how to post a sound clip, I'll try and post it after work.
                    This is my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/403088

Comment

umm the4 pacesetter for our cars is 2.25

Comment

I've got the full pacesetter system 2.5" front to rear
                        I stand corrected,

I meant to put ".....2.25" header and 2.5" after the header, front to rear......"

Had to type fast boss was coming...........
                        This is my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/403088

Comment

Originally posted by 91scortgt
                          Had to type fast boss was coming...........

How are your TPS reports coming?

Comment

good call on the office space.

Comment

thanks for all the info.

Comment

Working...
                              X