Vibrating brakes-sometimes??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vibrating brakes-sometimes??

Well I got a 97 protege se with about 210000km. Recently I had my master cylinder and both wheel cylinder replaced due to leakage and major rust on the wheel cylinders. Now once in a while the brakes vibrate and then the vibrations dissappear and it's smooth again. Any ideas whats causing the sparatic vibrations?

rotors warped in a certain spot? someone else would probably have a better idea than I would since I haven't even changed my brakes yet, but I guess it's something to check.

Comment

Warped rotors probably. Or do you have ABS? I know I don't but if you do, shuddering could be caused by that

Comment

Thanks for the reply, no ABS. If the rotors were wraped wouldn't it vibrate all the time.
        My brakes seem to vibrate at one red light and never again for days then a couple of days later it comes back? I'm wondering if it's a faulty master cylinder.

Comment

update.
          The vibrations were actually caused by a very unbalanced front tire. Too many pot holes in Montreal!!!

The new master was also defective and replaced...Thank God for WARRENTY!!

Comment

Working...
          X