audio hack job

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

audio hack job

Suppose I wanted to take my walkman and wire it in to the auxillary input to my stock P5 head unit? (Or, more probably, wire up a 1/8" female jack so that I could plug in anything.) What would I need to know and do? Has anybody done this kind of thing before?
    '02 Black Protege5
    '93 Gray Protege DX

p5's have inputs? i thought it was just for a CD changer or tape player.

Comment

its for a factory tape or md player
      '02 classic red p5
      currently enrolled in AA.

Comment

Originally posted by blue LEDz
        p5's have inputs? i thought it was just for a CD changer or tape player.
        No, they don't have inputs! That's what I want to hack. Since I don't have a tape or MD player, I want to make that input useful by wiring up something I can jack into.
        '02 Black Protege5
        '93 Gray Protege DX

Comment

i did this with an playstation one to hook it in to my speakers it worked alright but there was a slight buzzing noice
          i is dumb

Comment

i don't remember where i saw it, but there is a how-to that shows how you can convert it over the RCA inputs. i don't know how well it works, though.

Comment

I know a couple people were going to try and figure out the right connections for the newer decks (I am sure that the inputs are available if you could find a schematic for the deck), but I don't recall anyone actually publishing one. I do remember seeing one for a different Mazda deck. You might try searching prtegeclub forums as there were a couple people who were posting about that stuff before all the 'issues' that spawned this board.

Good luck!

Dale.

Comment

get a fm modulator to hook it up with
                '02 classic red p5
                currently enrolled in AA.

Comment

Working...
                X