Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rotor/drum removal

Another problem I'm having right now:

I'm changing my 2 front rotors for the first time. On one side, the rotor came off after I removed the caliper, looks like the rotor is held to the hub only with the 4 wheel lug nuts. But on the other side of the car, the rotor won't budge at all with the caliper off. I tried WD40, knocking it with a mallot but it just won't come off. What can I do to get it off?

A similar problem with the drum in the back...I took off the two philips screws holding the drum in place, now the drum should come out at this point, right? But like the front rotor it will not move at all. I tried hammering it but still no go.

Does this mean the rotor and the drum are seized? If so, how would you break loose something that's seized? With a torch? Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated, thanks a lot.
    Last edited by kruiser; 06-18-2006, 09:53 PM.

for the rear drummies, is the e-brake on? sounds stupid but people to forget to release it.

and for the front rotor, keep pounding, get some rust breaker. it should come off without a torch.
    Almost there

jdm tails... check
    jdm bumper... check
    ms lip... check
    ms grill... check
    ms sideskirts... check
    ms rear skirts... check
    ms spoiler... check
    ms struts... check

Still trying for a bp swap..:
    Fidanzda 8lb flywheel, ACT HD00, UR Crank Pulley, UR Adj. Cam-Gears, Exh-Intake CamShaft Swap, MS Engine Mounts, Custom CAI, PaceSetter Header, 2.25" in/out-let Magnaflow Cat, 2.25" Mandrel-Bent Exhaust.

Comment

for the rear drum, yes the hand break is off and it still won't come off.

The front rotor - I bang on it pretty hard and there's not the slightest sign of movement.

Comment

I finally got the rotor off. After intense hammering I finally got it off with a pry bar. But I still have no luck removing the drum. Is there a window behind the drum on the backing plate that you can stick a screwdriver in and make some kind of adjustment? Or do I just have to keep hammering on it? BTW, the parking brake is released and the drum rotates freely.
        Last edited by kruiser; 06-19-2006, 09:02 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X