Burning hot brakes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Burning hot brakes

I've got new pads and rotor on one side of my 96 LX and new pads and an old rotor (19.7 mm) on the other side, because I could't take that rotor off. So after 30 minutes of city driving with this setup both rotors and calipers were burning hot, I mean they were hot to the touch, you can't keep you finger on them for more than a second. The ambient temperature was 90 degrees and I was not braking aggressively. Is this normal? I remembered my old pads and rotors get hot too, but I don't remember if they were this hot. By the way the new pads are Duralast semi-metalic.
    Last edited by kruiser; 06-18-2006, 10:24 PM.

normal/any driving will produce very very hot rotors. friction = heat

so, yes, it is normal.
    Almost there

jdm tails... check
    jdm bumper... check
    ms lip... check
    ms grill... check
    ms sideskirts... check
    ms rear skirts... check
    ms spoiler... check
    ms struts... check

Still trying for a bp swap..:
    Fidanzda 8lb flywheel, ACT HD00, UR Crank Pulley, UR Adj. Cam-Gears, Exh-Intake CamShaft Swap, MS Engine Mounts, Custom CAI, PaceSetter Header, 2.25" in/out-let Magnaflow Cat, 2.25" Mandrel-Bent Exhaust.

Comment

why couldnt you get the rotor off?
      Beater=/= Sleeper

Originally posted by kozzman555
      kitty, you are a hilarious woman
      Originally posted by HopelessCow
      there is one thing i dunno what is that call,a thing look like a gun, u press the button and stick to the metal and it makes firework, do i need that thing?and what s the philip head screw drivers?
      Using Linux for anything serious besides server or software dev is like using a tin can and a string for telecommunications.

Comment

I don't know why that rotor won't come off. I hammered it pretty hard with a mallet but it just won't come off. I sprayed WD40. I even tried removing it right after driving while the rotor was very hot. So far nothing worked. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
        X