1.6 swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1.6 swap

i know everyone is doing the 1.8 swap but i may have the chance to get my hands on a 1.6 GTR turbo motor right here in barbados and i was wondering what is involved in the swap from the z5 (1500cc) engine to the b6t (turbo charged gtr 1.6 motor)

is it a direct swap? meaning is it just a drop out drop in swap? or do i have to pull out the harness and get a 1.6 harness?
    since they are 1.6 mazda lantis's shouldnt it just be a case of getting the 1.6 turbo ecu and plugging it into my existing harness?

please help me out in terms of the process of doing such a swap

Uhm, there is a guy named Andy, I think he is on Protegetech Phillipines, and in his latest show car 1995-1996 he swaped that engine into his car. As for the details I am not sure, so go ahead and ask him.
    "Probable impossibilities are to be preferred to improbable possibilities."

Comment

thanx for the correction
      the 1.6 gtx engine
      i need to know if the ecu harness differs from the 1.6 dohc amd in turn if they both are compatable with the 1.5 setup

how about the internals?
      wud it be possible for me to get a 1.6 dohc engine non turbo charged and use the internals from a b6t?

Comment

i notice there is no mention of the dohc 1.6 engine that was in the second gens
        is that becuase they never made it to the u s?
        they had all similarities to the z5 engine

Comment

Working...
        X