rusty calipers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rusty calipers

does any one else have a problem with the inside of there calipers rusting.... its hapened 2 mine and totally restricted my braking.ive had to remove the rubber and take out the pin an lubricate it all. ive done this twice now. but always seizes after about 3months wrecking the pad! also does anyone know if the rear discs from an mx3 can be fitted to the protege?

Thanks

Originally posted by azzamut
    does any one else have a problem with the inside of there calipers rusting.... its hapened 2 mine and totally restricted my braking.ive had to remove the rubber and take out the pin an lubricate it all. ive done this twice now. but always seizes after about 3months wrecking the pad! also does anyone know if the rear discs from an mx3 can be fitted to the protege?

Thanks
    Are you talking about a complete swap or just the disks. I know for a fact they swap to the 1st gens no problem. Not to sure about the 2nd Gen though.
    c+p>c<c+d1>c+p<m+d2>m<m+f>f<c+p>m<m+f>f<f+s1>c+p<c +s2>c<c+p>

2002 Mazda Protégé 5 , 5-speed , poly engine mounts , 4 to 1 header , JIC-Magic semi titanium cat back , custom CAI , Tokiko hp struts , Vogtland springs , Mazdaspeed sway-bar kit , Megan racing TTL's , Megan Racing trailing arms , pedders control arm bushings , corksport clutch line and shifter bushings , Tiger Tuning rear panel with V brace , Black sedan headlights with 6000k H.I.D.'s , M3 mirrors , Audio by Alpine , Kicker and just getting started.

Comment

i mean evrything not just the discs! does any1 know if this would work?

Comment

Why not just use the rear brakes off an ES?

Comment

Working...
        X