Quick question about 2002+ Protege 6 disc radio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quick question about 2002+ Protege 6 disc radio

Found one at a local junkyard and bought it. The rest of the car was pretty messed up from a front/side impact.

Anyway, this is the double DIN radio/6 CD changer. I really want to use it in my Protege because the modular design would allow for a turbo boost controller to be mounted in there which would be awsomely amazing.

Now then, this radio, unlike the earlier radios, has a single big connector, the antenna connector, and then what looks like a tape deck/equalizer port on older radios. The question is, do they sell connectors to go from the BG wiring harness to the newer radio?

Another question is, how can I check to see if there's any CDs in the thing now...take the top plate off or something else?

1994 Protege BP-Turbo.....1994 Miata Supercharged.....2003 Protege5 stock DD.....1988 323 GT Turbo
    On the road soon: 2003 Protege5 V6 swap
    My vB Gallery - Full Information and Photos of My Mazdas

Ah damnit it's not a 6 disc...I thought it was but it's evidently a single judging by pics of the 6 disc that have a decal on the top right of the radio.

I'd still like to use it though, possibly.

1994 Protege BP-Turbo.....1994 Miata Supercharged.....2003 Protege5 stock DD.....1988 323 GT Turbo
    On the road soon: 2003 Protege5 V6 swap
    My vB Gallery - Full Information and Photos of My Mazdas

Comment

The 6-disc has a load button in addition to the eject button (one on each side).

I don't know if they sell a wiring harness to install it in your car but I do know you can find a reverse-harness for the factory radio somewhere and then you can wire that to a standard aftermarket stereo wiring harness for your car.

Comment

Working...
      X