Sylvania SilverStar H4 (9003) Bulbs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sylvania SilverStar H4 (9003) Bulbs

These bulbs are awesome. I finally got around to replacing stock bulbs after having them in for nearly a year because my old VisionPlus bulbs died.

I got the Silverstars at Auto Zone for ~$40. The light output is amazing. It's not the blue "HID" **** either. It's pure, white light. Driving along in the night and pulling up side-by-side with other cars who have regular halogens is pretty cool because the white light put out by the Silverstars is brighter and shines further down the road.

I recommend these bulbs to everyone.
    Clint/1999 "Sport20"

planning on getting them, too
    My MAM SS Kit Install Thread | Gauge Customization kit - LEDs, icons, more! Sample:

Replacement Stainless Steel Hex Screws for your AWR swaybar! now 19mm AND 21.5mm!

99 ES 1.8 | Highlight Silver Metallic | shaved mouldings | DaveB's Brushed Gauge Rings | Llumar Tint charcoal 35 side, 20 rear; smoked mirror 18 moonroof | clear corners
    JVC deck w/ Infinity Reference 5x7s and 6x9s, XM Radio via Custom Mount Delphi SkyFi | Rage Vigors 17x7 metal | Potenza RE750 215/40 rubber | Espilir springs
    AWR 21.5mm Sway Bar w/adjustable endlinks & Trailing Links & Front/Rear Engine Mounts | Custom Fiberglass hood from Maz1.8T | 626 Wiper Stalk

C-17 Pilot--Jonathan--ProTuner

Comment

I was thinking about those as well... the Daniel Stern made bad light (no pun intended... OK, a little pun) of them on his site:

Specifically, look at the section at the bottom titled "Why do you specify "Outside North America only" on the SilverStar bulbs?"
      --JJB--
      '02 Silver Protegé5 - 5sp - no performance mods, no plans for them
      Kenwood Z919 -- Polk Audio speakers
      16" alloys w/ 205/50 Bridgestone RE750 (summer)
      15" steels w/ 195/55 Bridgestone Blizzak LM22 (winter)

Moon roof - wind deflector - variable intermittent wipers - electrochromic mirror w/ temp & compass
      Winter/beater car: 1997 Mercury Mountaineer with 182k on it

Comment

as soon i see them in stock at Wal-Mart i am going to buy'm
        <-why i can't fix my car

http://www.revtvguam.com
        AFwestPunk's AutoJam Imagestation photo album! You better have High speed internet!

Comment

I had them on my last car and loved them... just waiting for some extra cash I haven't already set aside for something else.

Comment

Are the xenon or halogen?
            2002 Blackmica P5
            CAI - MSP springs - Brembo cross-drilled rotors & KVR pads - Ground wires - Ignition wires - Silverstars - Eurolites - Pilot fogs - Toyo TPTs - Tint - Blue calipers & strut bar - Batsymbol in rear window

Comment

They are still halogen bulbs...xenon or HID bulbs requires a ballast and a totally different type of bulb.
              Clint/1999 "Sport20"

Comment

Originally posted by JJB
                I was thinking about those as well... the Daniel Stern made bad light (no pun intended... OK, a little pun) of them on his site:

Specifically, look at the section at the bottom titled "Why do you specify "Outside North America only" on the SilverStar bulbs?"
                Bah. I didn't realize the SilverStars we get are not the same as the rest of the world gets. Oh well I still really like the bulbs I have. They were a definite improvement over my old bulbs.

I will try and take a night pic sometime to show how good the beam is.
                Clint/1999 "Sport20"

Comment

I bought the Osram Silverstar H4's from: www.powerbulbs.com
                  As already stated they don't have the blue tint of the Sylvania Silverstars. They are the best Halogens I've used, so far, in terms of light output.
                  02 DX Millenium Red - The Penultimate Driving Machine
                  MP3 Strut Tower Bar kit; Cusco Front Lower Arm Tie Bar
                  MSP Springs, Struts, Stabilizer Bars, Trailing Links, #3 Engine Mount
                  Kartboy Stabilizer Bar Bushings; Nyloil Shifter Bushings; Red Line MT-90 Gear Oil
                  MP3 Shifter, Knob and Aluminum Pedal Set
                  Suvlights HD Wiring Harness; Osram Night Breaker H4 Bulbs; Exide Edge AGM Battery
                  Summer: 5Zigen FN01R-C 16 x 7" Wheels; Yoko S.drive 205/45-16s
                  Winter: Enkei OR52 16 x 7" Wheels; Falken Ziex ZE-912 205/45-16s
                  Modified OEM Air Intake; Racing Beat Exhaust System; Techna-Fit SS Clutch Line
                  Denso SKJ16CR-L11 Extended Tip Spark Plugs; Magnecor Wires
                  Power Slot Front Brake Rotors; Techna-Fit SS Brake Lines; Hawk HPS Pads
                  Red Line Synthetic Engine Oil; C/S Aluminum Oil Cap
                  Cyberdyne Digital Gauges: Tach; Ambient Air Temp; Voltmeter

Comment

very interesting article. Negatize: do those bulbs have a lumens rating on them or the box? or a lifetime rating? what's the warranty?
                    My MAM SS Kit Install Thread | Gauge Customization kit - LEDs, icons, more! Sample:

Replacement Stainless Steel Hex Screws for your AWR swaybar! now 19mm AND 21.5mm!

99 ES 1.8 | Highlight Silver Metallic | shaved mouldings | DaveB's Brushed Gauge Rings | Llumar Tint charcoal 35 side, 20 rear; smoked mirror 18 moonroof | clear corners
                    JVC deck w/ Infinity Reference 5x7s and 6x9s, XM Radio via Custom Mount Delphi SkyFi | Rage Vigors 17x7 metal | Potenza RE750 215/40 rubber | Espilir springs
                    AWR 21.5mm Sway Bar w/adjustable endlinks & Trailing Links & Front/Rear Engine Mounts | Custom Fiberglass hood from Maz1.8T | 626 Wiper Stalk

C-17 Pilot--Jonathan--ProTuner

Comment

redfrye,

The silverstar bulbs are Halogen but they contain Xenon gas. This is listed on the box that the Osram Silverstars came in.

glyph,

There is no lumens rating, lifetime rating or warranty info on the Osram box that I received my Silverstars in.

02 DX Millenium Red
                      Kartboy Stabilizer Bar Bushings; Nyloil Shifter Bushings; Red Line MT-90 Gear Oil
                      Suvlights HD Wiring Harness; Osram Night Breaker H4 Bulbs; Exide Edge AGM Battery

Comment

damn. i bought some cheap blue light Xenon brand, like 6 months ago.
                        Looked at Osram.. nifteh stuff!
                        When I get paid next Wednesday, I'll buy some of them.

How was the shipping time / Service from powerbulbs.com??

Kenwood KDC-519 w/ RF 500bd + e12K.44
                        RB springs
                        Magnaflow catback

2004 mods:
                        MP3 front bumper conversion

Comment

Lil Freek,

Re: Powerbulbs. The service was excellent and the shipping was really fast. You shouldn't have any problems with them.

02 DX Millenium Red

Comment

I got them Silverstars on my car too. Very good light. I hope they last me a while.
                            "Probable impossibilities are to be preferred to improbable possibilities."

Comment

hey was it not a bitch to change your bulbs negatize, with that litte metal clip thing, i couldent remember how the hell to get it back in,
                              .....HELLO MY NAME IS BEN...

186.08whp
                              225.94wtq
                              torque monster!!!!
                              dyno graph 8-10-and 12psi
                              http://www.msprotege.com/members/THE...no%20graph.jpg
                              http://videos.streetfire.net/player....0-C19CA06AF01E dyno vid

blahblahblahblahblahblah

Comment

Working...
                              X