Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grattan Track Day

It was a blast!

I put 130 miles on the track. Over a full tank of gas. $4 a gal from the track for 93. Did not even look at the 110 race gas. The track is faster than Waterford hills and more technical. All the turns are crazy.... Most are blind behind a crest, making you turn before you see the turn. I was able to pull 95 mph out of the scort in the strights.... needs more horses... and over 80 in the right hand sweeper. Ashley's Evo, and Terrance 240 were getting 120 in the strights and 100 in the sweeper. Malik was there in his LS1 powered 2nd Gen RX7, about 135 in the stright and 100 in the sweeper. They all kill me there horse power rein's supreme, but the scort wont let them go in the tighter sections. Some of the bad a$$ vettes were getting about 145 in the stright.

The run groups were decided in the morn and I sided with the advanced drivers. We would be allowed to pass on the front and back strights where everyone else got to pass only on the front. There were about 9 people in my group, most were vettes. Since I was in the advances everyone else signed up for divverent classes so we all did ride swaps, I got to ride in the Evo, 240, and RX7. They all rode with me as well. There were 3 run groups novice, ont, and advanced. 20 minutes each group.

Malik got loose entering the stright and did a snap 360 spin to the right and a second snap back to the left sliding across the track and up the bank knocking the cover loose.

This is Eric's sweet vette..... He put the track day todether.

The Evo

The 240

The Pits

The RX 7

Chris and his 240. He did not run much due to shifting problems,

Some of the scort.

Some other cars there.

Working...
X