Interior painting has begun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interior painting has begun

Well today I started painting my interior. First off I have a question. How the **** do you get off the little box thingy that goes around the shifter, and has the compartment right under the radio. I took the 2 screws out on the sides, but its impossible to take it off because the e brake is in the way. Any help?

Anyways, heres what Im doing, my interior is blue and black. Im painting all the blue stuff (all of the interior panels except where the speedometer and tach is, and the stripe that runs across the middle of the dash with the clock in it.) all that is going to be white, including the doors. I want my interior to be black and white. Im gonna redo the carpet in black since its blue, and want to do the headliner in black also.

I used some vinyl paint, because I thought my interior was made out of vinyl. That **** is crap. So I went back and got some plastic and interior paint. Which looked nice. So far I have the top of the dashboard, and the blue box around the e-brake painted. I dont have a digi cam so I cant take a pic, but Ill keep everyone updated. maybe by the time im done Ill have a digi cam and post pics! Peace
    Eat ****.

To take out the part around the shifter you also have to remove the piece around the ebrake handle. The shifter knob has to be taken off too. There are a total of 6 screws. 2 by the rear ashtray, 2 at the point where the two pieces meet, and 2 under the radio by your feet. This assuming you have a manual like me.
    2013 Dodge Dart Aero

Comment

Yeah I did take all those screws out, and the piece around the ebrake. But everytime I would pull the part around the shifter back far enough to clear the radio, i would hit the ebrake whether it was up or down. Maybe I have to pull harder eh?
      Eat ****.

Comment

Put your car in gear, let the ebrake down, and then lift the plastic up over. You have to do some manuvering, I replaced my 323 console with the one that you have from an LX.
        Dan
        dreesemonkey

Comment

I've taken mine out a million times, it gets easier.

Try putting the tranny into 4th, That always helps.
          Last edited by Marc93lx; 11-11-2003, 08:38 PM.
          2013 Dodge Dart Aero

Comment

Yes 4th gear helps everything...what brand of paint do you guys like to use for this sorta stuff?

Comment

i've popped the center console off many times. get the ebrake trim off first. Pull the e-brake up, Then pull the shifter trim strightback. this gives room to rotate while rotating up, you have to jimmy the trim past the ebrake, and lower the ebrake at the same time.

That is what i do. hope it helps
              When you turn your car on... does it return the favor?

Originally posted by goldstar
              Yes, still have it. It was my attempt to immortalize you in verse.

A Protege driver named Brock
              Once said 7 seconds he'd clock.
              So his engine he goosed
              With much too much boost,
              And drove a rod through his block.

Comment

i also painted my interior white.., this is all i have so far i plan on doing the black strip white, then prolly leaving it at that, i dont want it 2 look 2 "rice" lol, tell me whatcha think

Comment

personally, i like the white painting you've done saucy. cable did a big ass project of ripping apart the entire dash, where he got the plastic strip with the a/c vents all painted up... though quite a bit of work. in my car with a tan interior accented with black, it's hard to find an additional color that doesn't look 'ricey'. been thinking about getting around to it, but as you may know, i'm lazy :p .
                  peace

Comment

I think it looks legit son... are u going to do anything with the doors??? Maybe something on the stereo/ac console??? just some pointers Saucy... Payce...

One love to Staten...
                    1998 Subaru Forester S/Turbo | Shaggin' Wagon
                    1990 Mazda Miata MX5 | WTF I can drag asphalt with my hand
                    2003 MuZ Baghira 660 SM | Single Slammer
                    2008 KTM 250sx 2T Supermoto | Kart Track Killer

Shift_Buy Broken & Build...

Comment

Hell yea saucy, thats just what I want mine to look like, except im gonna do everything in white except where the little black strip goes with the clock, and im deciding to make the doors white or black. Looks cool tho.
                      Eat ****.

Comment

Saucy i like it, im thinking of doing the same but just a few trim parts. keep up the good work , and send more pic
                        Koroma
                        91 323BG-----------------------
                        Intax springs,PRM Air Intake
                        ST Swaybars, Front upperstrut bar, 15' Prime, Advanced Timing, 2.25 inch-Cat back, Flowmaster, Indiglo gauges, Custom Taillight config

Next Stage
                        J-SPEC GTX kit,Brembo Brake Kit

Comment

Ugh...i don't personally like it when people paint thier interiors colors like red, blue, yellow, green and white. Why can't you guys try to convert to a black interior?? I just think painting it some bright ass color makes the interior look "cheaper" and devalues the car to holy hell. It'd be one thing if your upholstery was redone in white though but thats getting expensive

I used some black interior dye (its in a spray can) and it worked excellent on my Festiva and MX3.
                          93' Noble Green MX-ZE (sold )
                          02' Graphite Grey WRX Stage 4, 286whp
                          05' Pontiac Vibe daily driver, lowered/tinted/rims

Comment

It can be to much when you do go over board. thats why with my 323 im just doing small parts. My dash is black so i will paint these small trim parts the same color gray as my seats and aftermarket Indigo gauges. That way is keeps an oem look.
                            Koroma
                            91 323BG-----------------------
                            Intax springs,PRM Air Intake
                            ST Swaybars, Front upperstrut bar, 15' Prime, Advanced Timing, 2.25 inch-Cat back, Flowmaster, Indiglo gauges, Custom Taillight config

Next Stage
                            J-SPEC GTX kit,Brembo Brake Kit

Comment

yeah i kinda wish i didnt do it, i liked it better with the blue haha, just because im 2 lazy 2 do the rest,, anyone got the stock blue one ill trade yah hahaha .,

Comment

Working...
                              X