i want some new struts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i want some new struts

can you all link me to the cheapest prices on the best struts.

maybe educate me a little on struts. I want like, much harder than stock I want to feel the rocks as my tires go over them lol.

I see some people use kyb shocks, are those the ones I want? and what is it going to run me?

Can you tell me a few kinds of struts I can get and the prices?
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/stamar
    :microwave

dont know the prices but id suggest tokico's dont know the part number for your gen. but tociko's are the way to go.
    mods: engine: fm stroker lightened and knifedged crank, 11:1, custom crank scraper, fully p&p head and intake mani, bored throttle body, flowed and matched stock injectors, rx7 vaf, apexi safc, gude race cams, modded ecu 8200 fuel cutoff, blaster coil, clutchmasters stage 3 clutch, fidanza fly wheel and timeing gears, msp diff, custom shortram in a cold air box

suspension: s/r struts intrack springs and intrax sway bars 15x6.5 rims kumho mx tires 205 50 r 15

Comment

the KYB GR-2's will run you about $200 shipped. go look on ebay.

1996 1.5L Mazda Protege DX MTX
      Mods:
      DX converted to an LX (F & R seats and All Power), 2" Exhaust from the Catback, EuroReverse Glow Gauges, JDM Clear Side Markers, 17" MB Motoring Rims, K&N air filter 33-2134, All Clear Lenses, Front Strut Bar, MS Sideskirts, JDM Taillights, JDM Turbo Diesel Hood Scoop, OEM Door Visors, and Ducktail.
      http://www.cardomain.com/id/beetle_orange

Comment

are these what i want?

They dont come with springs, dont you want new springs as well?

or are these better? http://www.carjunky.com/accessories/
        Last edited by stamar; 07-05-2006, 04:57 AM.

Comment

You have two choices for struts: KYB GR-2 or Mazdaspeed.
          Corksport had KYB AGXs but I dunno what is up with that.

If you want stiff dampers you'll need Mazdaspeed. http://www.corksport.com had some. They're expensive.

Comment

oh thanks. I think kyb gr-2 is max budget. are kyb much better than the monroes or um whatever that other main brand is, that I could get at sears?

tokico doesnt have shocks available for this protege for some reason. they do the one before and the ones after though.

Comment

BH chassis is not a popular platform in North America at all, so there is very little aftermarket support as you may have noticed.
              I've seen Monroe shocks listed for 95-98 Protege but never struts, which we have front and rear, so I don't know what they were smoking when that got posted. KYB GR-2 is probably better anyways.
              Anyways, if KYB GR-2 is the most expensive strut you can afford there's no way you'll get a stiff suspension setup.

Comment

the AGX's are only like $100 more. and there adjustable.
                Beater=/= Sleeper

Originally posted by kozzman555
                kitty, you are a hilarious woman
                Originally posted by HopelessCow
                there is one thing i dunno what is that call,a thing look like a gun, u press the button and stick to the metal and it makes firework, do i need that thing?and what s the philip head screw drivers?
                Using Linux for anything serious besides server or software dev is like using a tin can and a string for telecommunications.

Comment

Do they exist?
                  I wanted some but I only ever saw them at Corksport.

Comment

Springs are half the battle in a stiff suspension if you "want to feel the rocks as my tires go over them lol."

Why don't you ****ing SEARCH??
                    There is a list of suspension components stuck at the top of the forum.
                    Ryan The middle child is always ignored
                    BP powered 97LX Touring Edition
                    Vibrant strut tower brace, KVR front brake pads, Tungsram Megalicht H4 headlight bulbs, Phillips Halogen H3 foglight bulbs.... 91 GT rims w/ 195 60 14 Yokohomo Mirada GTX sport

Comment

Originally posted by midnightblue97
                      Springs are half the battle in a stiff suspension if you "want to feel the rocks as my tires go over them lol."

Why don't you ****ing SEARCH??
                      There is a list of suspension components stuck at the top of the forum.
                      No need to be a jackass. Stamar is asking about struts, not springs, the suspension list only mentions KYB GR-2, and he's also looking for advice.

Comment

Originally posted by firelizard
                        No need to be a jackass. Stamar is asking about struts, not springs, the suspension list only mentions KYB GR-2, and he's also looking for advice.
                        Yes, there is only the mention of the KYB struts in the list above. But like I said, Springs are still half the battle if you want a stiff suspension. **** now that I think of it I'm wrong. Bushings, strut mounts, low-pro tires are another part of the equation. He stated that he wants suspension thats stiff enough to feel the rocks, thats going to have to be part of his plan then, not just struts. There, more advice given. He can search for more indepth answers if he's got half a brain.

But by searching he could have found answers to all those questions and more in the first place..
                        Ryan The middle child is always ignored
                        BP powered 97LX Touring Edition
                        Vibrant strut tower brace, KVR front brake pads, Tungsram Megalicht H4 headlight bulbs, Phillips Halogen H3 foglight bulbs.... 91 GT rims w/ 195 60 14 Yokohomo Mirada GTX sport

Comment

oh ya definitely innapropriate thread lol

bha chassis, suspension and brakes question tell me about struts for your gen 2 protege.

Whoa nellie. Got to slow this here forum down and cut down on the questions. Its moving so fast its making my head spin. cant post messages in the forum, see who's alive. that would be innapropriate.

does anyone have suggestions on where to order them?

I have some other questions about struts Ill post later hopefully with a picture.

Comment

they DO make tokico struts for the 95-98 proteges. how do i know? i had them.
                            the dealer sells them for about $100.
                            Almost there

jdm tails... check
                            jdm bumper... check
                            ms lip... check
                            ms grill... check
                            ms sideskirts... check
                            ms rear skirts... check
                            ms spoiler... check
                            ms struts... check

Still trying for a bp swap..:
                            Fidanzda 8lb flywheel, ACT HD00, UR Crank Pulley, UR Adj. Cam-Gears, Exh-Intake CamShaft Swap, MS Engine Mounts, Custom CAI, PaceSetter Header, 2.25" in/out-let Magnaflow Cat, 2.25" Mandrel-Bent Exhaust.

Comment

there are no kby agx's for the 95-98 protege.

only the gr-2's exist.

and corksport sells the mazdaspeed struts which are 4-way adjustable made by kyb.

also ask derrick at corksport for the koni inserts if you want to be ginea pig for us.
                              Almost there

jdm tails... check
                              jdm bumper... check
                              ms lip... check
                              ms grill... check
                              ms sideskirts... check
                              ms rear skirts... check
                              ms spoiler... check
                              ms struts... check

Still trying for a bp swap..:
                              Fidanzda 8lb flywheel, ACT HD00, UR Crank Pulley, UR Adj. Cam-Gears, Exh-Intake CamShaft Swap, MS Engine Mounts, Custom CAI, PaceSetter Header, 2.25" in/out-let Magnaflow Cat, 2.25" Mandrel-Bent Exhaust.

Comment

Working...
                              X